Artificially Hair Straightening - Opinions

Girino

Registered
Hola,

I am subscribed to Groupon Argentina's newsletter and they keep advertising "Alisado keratinico" and "Alisado fotonico laser" for hairs.
I tried a alisado keratinico the first month I was here, and the thing smelled so toxic that it made my windpipe and eyes hurt, I coughed and cried.

When I recounted about my experience to a lady friend, I was told that some places use FORMOL, and that is cancerous. In this article on Clarin they say that formol has been banned in Argentina, but it is used anyway.The result was good, though, but I don't want to get lung cancer to have straight hair.

I exited the hair salon with incredibly straight hair (so straight they looked fake), and when I washed my hair they stayed straight for a while (let's say for 3 to 4 washes).
Now that it is so hot I would like to avoid using my hair dryer for styling and/or my hair straightener, so I was thinking to take another alisado.

1) what's the difference between alisado keratinico and alisado fotonico?
2) Which is better?
3) Would it be possible to get a more natural look, instead of fake-straight hair? Like for example to make a curl in the end.
4) Are there specific products to use to maintain longer the straightening effect?

Thanks!

There is the keratin option that is a combo of keratin with a little Fomo. And it gets washed out the same day unlike the old strong nprocess where you had to keep it on your hair for three days. It basically relaxes the curls and toes t look fake. I have naturally curly hair and have been using this process for the last year. It doesn't wash out, but as your hair grows the new growth and unstraightened roots make your hair curly again. So usually you need to have them apply a retouch to the root area every three to six months.
By the way, the fomo is far more dangerous for the peloqueros than for you. Altho highly irritating you won't get cancer from a few exposures. But they expose themselves a lot more and that's why it was banned. The keratin products don't give you that artificially straight look but sure make blow drying curly hair much easier and reduces frizz in the summer!

I had straight hair and lots of it until I got breast cancer. After treatment my hair came back and is very frizzy. I asked my oncologists here and in the USA and they both warned me about using those products because of the treatment that I had received. Anyway, that's just my case but thought I would give a heads up. I'm fine now and healthy.

@Serafina there are a bunch of options as I´ve mentioned in older threads
  • yes the "ionic" straightening leaves the hair "pin" straight and so far as I was aware contained no formol.
  • The keratin optinon mentioned by lacoqueta are horrible to work with, toxic and smelly etc, which is why I ended up using the
  • BOTOX capillar, which doesn´t smell anywhere near as bad (actually smells quite nice) and works effectively to smooth and relax curl and frizz, and requires less effort to straighten out completely. Yes it contains a small amount of formol, but uses an alkaline shampoo to open the cuticle as PHASE 1. ...It´s possibly less toxic on the body than the coke´s etc that people drink daily...
  • No idea about the laser treatments sorry, cannot help you there...

This is a recent photo of my wife and me. She was born in Brasil. I was born a poor white guy in the ghetto.

Nappyhair_zpsd8b9a761.jpg

Back