Selling an adjustable office chair

Guille A

Registered
HI,

We are selling our adjustable office chair because we are going back to the USA. It was purchased about 1 year ago for about $200 USD. It is super conformable and in perfect condition and we are asking $100 USD.

Please let me know if you are interested. We are located in Belgrano. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6777.jpeg
    IMG_6777.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6778.jpeg
    IMG_6778.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6779.jpeg
    IMG_6779.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
Thanks Early Retirement! Luckily I was able to find the receipt. Here are the details on the chair, the price and where we bought it. It is a super comfortable chair!

Attachments

• Office Chair receipt.png
    Office Chair receipt.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Awesome you kept the receipt. How much was the total you paid in pesos? I see the 61,500 pesos but the bottom is scribbled. I'm just curious what the chair would cost in pesos today. I might be interested. I'll ask my office. We are waiting for Milei to win the election to gear up and start hiring but I want to wait to see if he wins first. I'll send you a DM. Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, why are you going back to the USA? Just had enough of Argentina or only was planning to come for X months. How was your experience living here?

50% for a 1 year used chair is a bit greedy... And it looks very basic with no armrests or head rest

When I stay in a country for 3-6 months I usually buy an office chair around $200-300 and then just try to sell it for 30% if they pick it up at my apartment on the last day or give it away.

Last time I did it I even posted it at 25% with 3 months use and no one bought it so I gave it to the security guard in my building.

This one is less than $100 new and has arm rests and a headrest:

50% for a 1 year used chair is a bit greedy... And it looks very basic with no armrests or head rest

When I stay in a country for 3-6 months I usually buy an office chair around $200-300 and then just try to sell it for 30% if they pick it up at my apartment on the last day or give it away.

Last time I did it I even posted it at 25% with 3 months use and no one bought it so I gave it to the security guard in my building.

You beat me to it grosso95! Ha. I was just going to post one of a link on Mercado Libre. They are less than $95 US NEW at the blue rate and I can have it delivered tomorrow for a NEW chair. This is why you have to be realistic on used stuff.

grosso95, you make a GREAT point about used stuff. When I moved from Buenos Aires to the USA I had a ton of designer furniture. I paid a FORTUNE for it. Locals just wouldn't pay that much. I just gave it to friends vs. accepting crazy low prices.

Believe it or not, I'd sometimes spend like $35,000 US fitting out a luxury 2 bedroom apartment in Buenos Aires. Prices on many things back then were crazy on LED TVs and stuff. I'd get like $2,000 top of the line mattresses, etc. People just don't pay that much. But what I'd do to lower my capital gains tax basis is I might sell an apartment for $250,000 US dollars. So I started getting creative. I'd write on the contract they were paying $150,000 for the property and $100,000 US for the furniture. Ha, ha. All legal. Was awesome.

Even today all over the world when I sell furnished properties when I want to exit, I just sell the property for one price and make them "pay" me for the furniture/artwork and furnishings. The money still all comes to me. One payment separately. Back then there was 0% capital gains taxes in Argentina for real estate purchases/sales. Now it's 15% if purchased after January 1, 2018 so not as easy to pull off.

New buyers are leery of using a lower price for the property as their capital gains taxes would be higher if they listed a lower price. But still majority of ALL property purchases, the seller is demanding you use a fake lower price.

Last edited:
Awesome you kept the receipt. How much was the total you paid in pesos? I see the 61,500 pesos but the bottom is scribbled. I'm just curious what the chair would cost in pesos today. I might be interested. I'll ask my office. We are waiting for Milei to win the election to gear up and start hiring but I want to wait to see if he wins first. I'll send you a DM. Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, why are you going back to the USA? Just had enough of Argentina or only was planning to come for X months. How was your experience living here?

You beat me to it grosso95! Ha. I was just going to post one of a link on Mercado Libre. They are less than $95 US NEW at the blue rate and I can have it delivered tomorrow for a NEW chair. This is why you have to be realistic on used stuff.

grosso95, you make a GREAT point about used stuff. When I moved from Buenos Aires to the USA I had a ton of designer furniture. I paid a FORTUNE for it. Locals just wouldn't pay that much. I just gave it to friends vs. accepting crazy low prices.

Believe it or not, I'd sometimes spend like $35,000 US fitting out a luxury 2 bedroom apartment in Buenos Aires. Prices on many things back then were crazy on LED TVs and stuff. I'd get like $2,000 top of the line mattresses, etc. People just don't pay that much. But what I'd do to lower my capital gains tax basis is I might sell an apartment for $250,000 US dollars. So I started getting creative. I'd write on the contract they were paying $150,000 for the property and $100,000 US for the furniture. Ha, ha. All legal. Was awesome.

Even today all over the world when I sell furnished properties when I want to exit, I just sell the property for one price and make them "pay" me for the furniture/artwork and furnishings. The money still all comes to me. One payment separately. Back then there was 0% capital gains taxes in Argentina for real estate purchases/sales. Now it's 15% if purchased after January 1, 2018 so not as easy to pull off.

New buyers are leery of using a lower price for the property as their capital gains taxes would be higher if they listed a lower price. But still majority of ALL property purchases, the seller is demanding you use a fake lower price.

Buena onda Grosso95!

here's a tip. if you guys don't like the price, don't buy it!
Absolutely I agree. And if you're going to throw a price out on a public forum you have to be able to take criticisms and praises on the price that come with it. It's how the internet and free markets work.

HI,

We are selling our adjustable office chair because we are going back to the USA. It was purchased about 1 year ago for about $200 USD. It is super conformable and in perfect condition and we are asking $100 USD.

Please let me know if you are interested. We are located in Belgrano. Thanks!
After reading the comments....I can see why you might be leaving

Back