As of April 8, flu vaccination in CABA available to seniors over age 65

gracielle

Registered
6 April 2020

......The Buenos Aires Ministry of Health will enable 80 fixed locations the day after tomorrow so that the elderly who do not access the vaccine through PAMI, social work and prepaid ins carriers, go to the place closest to their home. In order to comply with the recommended social distancing, the Buenos Aires authorities defined a schedule according to gender and the last number of the DNI that can be consulted through line 147 or, by WhatsApp, at (011) 5050-0147. The only requirement will be the ID number....

Where and when to get the flu vaccination for ages 65 and over
Vaccinations are vailable at the vaccination addresses listed on the government website.
Go to this web page to find the Comun of your neighborhood with the addresses of the locations to get vaccinated:
This is your vaccination date according to the last digit of your DNI number:
According to the following schedule: From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Female gender
My DNI ends with the number: Date to get vaccinated

0 April 9 and 10
1 April 13
2 April 15
3 April 17
4 April 21
April 23
6 April 27
April 29
8 May 4
9 May 6

Male gender
My DNI ends with the number: Date to get vaccinated

0 April 11
1 April 14
2 April 16
3 April 20
April 22
April 24
6 April 28
7 April 30
8 May 5
9 May 7

These are the 3 locations for Recoleta, for example:
Comuna 2
Esc. Primaria Común N° 13 República Islámica de Irán - José Antonio Cabrera 3484 - Escuela - RECOLETA
Colegio N° 15 Revolución de Mayo - Ecuador 1158 - Escuela - RECOLETA
Escuela Primaria N° 1 de 1 Juan José castelli - Ayacucho 1680 - Escuela - RECOLETA

Last edited:
I missed Artisan's post above. Any news on where to get a flu shot? In the past I have just walked into a Farmacia Azul and presto-a shot. So far that is not working this time around.

Someone please post a link to the website where I can find updated dates and locations for flu shots for over 65 (not PAMI)

I missed Artisan's post above. Any news on where to get a flu shot? In the past I have just walked into a Farmacia Azul and presto-a shot. So far that is not working this time around.
If you are 65 or old you could likely still get a government administered shot. Flu shot dates were determined by last number of DNI. That calendar will complete next week, midweek. i your dni related date has passed you could likely go anyway to one of the addresses in your neighborhood and if challenged, explain you just found out.
Regards Farmacia Azul where I got the shot last year at the pharmacy counter, so far when asked they didn't have available yet or mumbled some other excuse. Surely they'll get it in. Recommend, just keep asking. Also they may think you're asking for coronavirus. To avoid that sidetrack you need to make clear it's for influenza anti-gripe.

If you are 65 or old you could likely still get a government administered shot. Flu shot dates were determined by last number of DNI. That calendar will complete next week, midweek. i your dni related date has passed you could likely go anyway to one of the addresses in your neighborhood and if challenged, explain you just found out.
Regards Farmacia Azul where I got the shot last year at the pharmacy counter, so far when asked they didn't have available yet or mumbled some other excuse. Surely they'll get it in. Recommend, just keep asking. Also they may think you're asking for coronavirus. To avoid that sidetrack you need to make clear it's for influenza anti-gripe.
I posted too soon. I made it by my more reliable Farmacia Azul and got the shot. On Cordoba between Florida and San Martin. About $1,200p.

Vaccinated today, courtesy of the Argentina government, at a school on Ayacucho between Vicente Lopez and Las Heras. Not one but two shots, one was the annual anti-gripe vaccination and the second was a vaccination against pneumonia that is active for 5 years. Wasn't aware of the anti-pneumonia vaccination. Administered, from the front gate keeper to the staff and the nurses, by the nicest people. So an extra dose of human kindness on top. Today the mask lies easier across the face.
I one day left, if you're over 65 and haven't gotten yours yet. Highly recommended.

Vaccinated today, courtesy of the Argentina government, at a school on Ayacucho between Vicente Lopez and Las Heras. Not one but two shots, one was the annual anti-gripe vaccination and the second was a vaccination against pneumonia that is active for 5 years. Wasn't aware of the anti-pneumonia vaccination. Administered, from the front gate keeper to the staff and the nurses, by the nicest people. So an extra dose of human kindness on top. Today the mask lies easier across the face.
I one day left, if you're over 65 and haven't gotten yours yet. Highly recommended.
Interesting... I have two questions, if you don't mind:

1. what do you need to get the vaccine at that school? We're really close, but not in any at-risk category.
2. the anti-pneumonia vaccine is for bacterial pneumonia?

Interesting... I have two questions, if you don't mind:
1. what do you need to get the vaccine at that school? We're really close, but not in any at-risk category.
2. the anti-pneumonia vaccine is for bacterial pneumonia?
- This vaccination program was put on offer for seniors, 65 years and older and their calendar is based on the last number of the DNI.
So the easy get is your age and your DNI. You could easily pass by there and ask to be admitted. There wasn't a line to go in. There were three pleasant young women, one spoke English, just inside the door of the building who screened me. I would recommend you go and seek admittance and see how it goes.
- The pneumonia vaccination is called "Vacuna Neumococcia Conjugada 13-Valente" and listed as Antineumococcica Conjugada 13 Valente on the take away record they gave me. If that helps you sort it.
I'm not aware of a pneumonia other than a bacterial pneumonia, Suggest you Google it if any doubts.

Back