Asado near Centro?

I'm a big fan of Trapiche, their Bife de Lomo is epic and I always get a warm welcome. Another option is Lo de Mary on Humahuaca and Acuna de Figueroa in Almagro, basic but good steak, very untouristy.

I think the reports of the death of Parrilla Pena are a bit premature.
I ate there yesterday, and there were no cucarachas to be seen, not even a mosca, and not a single english speaking patron besides me that I observed.

the bathroom was clean, the kitchen appeared clean, and the food was good and reasonably priced. half a bife de lomo is still way more than I can eat, the complimentary empanadas and bread with melted cheese and onions are still quite good.

I had the leftovers as steak and eggs this morning.

But hey, its not like there is a shortage of parrillas in this town.
So if you dont like one, there are a hundred more waiting to take its place.

Ries said:
I think the reports of the death of Parrilla Pena are a bit premature.
I ate there yesterday, and there were no cucarachas to be seen, not even a mosca, and not a single english speaking patron besides me that I observed.

the bathroom was clean, the kitchen appeared clean, and the food was good and reasonably priced. half a bife de lomo is still way more than I can eat, the complimentary empanadas and bread with melted cheese and onions are still quite good.

I had the leftovers as steak and eggs this morning.

But hey, its not like there is a shortage of parrillas in this town.
So if you dont like one, there are a hundred more waiting to take its place.

I have no interest in sounding the death knell for Pena. But sadly I will not go back again once I see bugs. Even if the exterminator comes in. Bugs freak me out.

I think they stick all the tourists upstairs. Everytime I get sent upstairs it's filled with tourists.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Expat Life 4
E Expat Life 0
U Expat Life 10
Pensador Newcomers Forum 3
Gringoboy Expat Events 22
Back