Ash cloud and flying

Barney

Registered
I need to fly next monday to Europe and would like to know how the situation is in EZE, is everything back to normal?

Barney said:
I need to fly next monday to Europe and would like to know how the situation is in EZE, is everything back to normal?

Barney I glanced at Clarin this morning which was reporting increased activity and ash as of today..you may well be fine however and you cannot believe everythig you read...have a browse on their website to see what theyre saying.

My wife's on a plane to Europe right now. I think today is fine, but check daily.

I don't have a ticket and the prices are in the 1500/1800 euro range and I am going to buy my ticket on friday.

I really don't want to be in the kilombo of resheduling, cancellations and stuff. I do have a meeting in Europe on wednesday which I really can't afford to miss, but I might have to

Flew to Toronto through Santiago with no difficulties Monday night. Security and immigration lines weren't bad either. I was checking flights for days leading up to mine just in case the ash cloud was a problem and seems everything's been fine for a while.

I'm flying out in a week and I don't think I should have any problems. Everything seems to be on schedule. If you do have any issues, let us know.

TheBlackHand said:
I'm flying out in a week and I don't think I should have any problems. Everything seems to be on schedule. If you do have any issues, let us know.

Nobody can tell if you can fly next week.

weltawelta said:
Flew to Toronto through Santiago with no difficulties Monday night. Security and immigration lines weren't bad either. I was checking flights for days leading up to mine just in case the ash cloud was a problem and seems everything's been fine for a while.

What websites did you use for that?

There's no way to predict, it's a volcano and it's up to the direction of the wind. Australia/NZ have been seeing lots of cancellations the past few days as the wind has been carrying towards the south east. Just keep checking. The volcano is now emiting lava so the amount of ash spewing into the atmosphere should quiet down, but unfortunately there are never any guarantees when it comes to nature!

Back