Ashes cricket, Red Hot Festival

JimK

Registered
Hi,
Two very quick queries for the price of one:
1) Does anyone know anywhere that is likely to be showing the Ashes Series this summer? (that's cricket for anyone not familiar with the world's greatest sporting contest). Preferably in the Palermo area, but could be persuaded to travel.
2) Is anyone going to the Red Hot Festival in Costanera Sur on Nov 19? I have no-one to go with! :(
Thanks a lot,
J

I can't imagine anywhere showing the ashes, it's just too long and weird to non cricket fans. I would be happy to be wrong though. I'll be watching every minute for gambling purposes, half the reason I'm here is to get around australias idiotic gambling laws

(1) Beg the people at SUGAR in advance. Tell them that you will pimp it to all of your England & Aussie friends. (Did I get that right?)

Then pimp it to all of your England & Aussie friends. And you will have your precious Ashes.

(2) To quote Robert Zimmerman- "I'm not the one you're looking for, I'm not the one that you need."

Maybe you'll get the opening session of the first day of the first test, but don't expect all 6 hours of each of the 5 days of each of the 5 tests, for that you will have to stream it.

I think, in all honesty, best bet is to watch it on-line. Whilst cricket is played here (despite what others may think), it is not seen as a spectator sport, even the bastardised 20-20 version is unfathomable to most, never mind the nuances of a test series.

Liam3494 said:
I think, in all honesty, best bet is to watch it on-line. Whilst cricket is played here (despite what others may think), it is not seen as a spectator sport, even the bastardised 20-20 version is unfathomable to most, never mind the nuances of a test series.
I,d love to watch it,but i think watching TEST cricket back home and watching it here will be two very different things.By the way,I am playing cricket in Pilar tomorrow afternoon,no rain,and probably no runs either:rolleyes: ,but i love it..

ps NOTTINGHAMSHIRE CCC COUNTY CHAMPIONS 2010 ;)

pauper said:
Maybe you'll get the opening session of the first day of the first test, but don't expect all 6 hours of each of the 5 days of each of the 5 tests, for that you will have to stream it.

I didn't realize what the Ashes fully entailed.

I'm thinking that Sugar would flip the channel over to C-SPAN before it would show the entirety of the Ashes.

Isn't it going to be on at "unsociable" hours? The warm up games are starting each day at around 10/11pm BA time. So lunch will be midnight/1am, tea at 3/4am.

I will be relying on TMS on the internet.

esllou said:
Isn't it going to be on at "unsociable" hours? The warm up games are starting each day at around 10/11pm BA time. So lunch will be midnight/1am, tea at 3/4am.

I will be relying on TMS on the internet.

You can't beat Test Match Special for cricket. Grew up with it, and have always found it far more compelling to "watch" cricket on the radio. Trevor Bailey, Fred Truman, Blowers, Johnners and of course these days. where would we be without CMJ. I will be up and listening....

Back