Assistant To Ceo (Part-Time) (Remote) $10 Usd / Hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
US$10 for working at home, with internet, cellular or phone, electricity paid by the an employee, even part time... doesn't add up.
McD's will be paying that to their people soon too. This position is akin to a executive assistant (by definition - Assistant to the CEO, is an executive assistant) is from $31,651 - $70,858 according to this. And although these are US wages, we all know that the cost of living in BA is NOT what the indec says it is.

Good point but you get to help nightlife professionals create awesomeness, that's surely a perk

I wonder what's the going rate for an hour's nightlife professional in B.A these days as it should be factored into the salary

Good point but you get to help nightlife professionals create awesomeness, that's surely a perk

I wonder what's the going rate for an hour's nightlife professional in B.A these days as it should be factored into the salary
Awesomeness and nightlife went out the window once I became a parent. Now it's more like exhaustion and hoping I can wake up in time to make it to the hardware store before it closes at 12 on a Saturday. <_<
The #1 item on my list when scoping a job here is medical coverage for my family, even before salary negotiations. Perks... well I was working at Google for a while and nothing beat those perks... but still, not something that should cloud the decision to take a job that leaves too much lacking.

US$10 for working at home, with internet, cellular or phone, electricity paid by the an employee, even part time... doesn't add up.
McD's will be paying that to their people soon too. This position is akin to a executive assistant (by definition - Assistant to the CEO, is an executive assistant) is from $31,651 - $70,858 according to this. And although these are US wages, we all know that the cost of living in BA is NOT what the indec says it is.

<sigh> do you really think the cost of living here is the same as in america? even if it were, it's really arrogant of americans to move to another country and then expect to be paid the same they were paid before. i dont understand what the wages of a mcdonalds worker in america have to do with any job here. if you can swing a US salary living abroad, great. If not, I dont know why you are so upset that he's offering US$600 to someone for a PART TIME job. thats not bad money in this country regardless of whatever statistics you want to give. in fact, at the blue rate, that's just about the same as lots of people's FULL TIME salaries in this country, so i have a really hard time swallowing the argument that this is a ridiculous offer.

<sigh> do you really think the cost of living here is the same as in america? even if it were, it's really arrogant of americans to move to another country and then expect to be paid the same they were paid before. i dont understand what the wages of a mcdonalds worker in america have to do with any job here. if you can swing a US salary living abroad, great. If not, I dont know why you are so upset that he's offering US$600 to someone for a PART TIME job. thats not bad money in this country regardless of whatever statistics you want to give. in fact, at the blue rate, that's just about the same as lots of people's FULL TIME salaries in this country, so i have a really hard time swallowing the argument that this is a ridiculous offer.

Good points. However, the cost of living here is probably on par with or a bit higher than many small/medium-sized American cities, and people here make much, much less.

Average hourly wages in the U.S. are 10.55/hour. http://www.tradingec...ed-states/wages

Good points. However, the cost of living here is probably on par with or a bit higher than many small/medium-sized American cities, and people here make much, much less.

Average hourly wages in the U.S. are 10.55/hour. http://www.tradingec...ed-states/wages

Like I said, wage statistics in the US are 100% irrelevant as we are talking about a country that is not the US.

You just proved my point, actually, on how arrogant/ridiculous it is for Americans to come here, knowing that the salaries are much, much lower here on average, and expecting to get the same salary they got in the states. This is not the US, and there are lots of expats who still dont understand that even though they may have lived here for years.

Like I said, wage statistics in the US are 100% irrelevant as we are talking about a country that is not the US.

It wasn't clear, but my posting of wage stats for the US was to demonstrate that this hourly rate provided by the OP isn't far from the U.S. average, even for Americans working and living in the U.S. Sorry to confuse.

It wasn't clear, but my posting of wage stats for the US was to demonstrate that this hourly rate provided by the OP isn't far from the U.S. average, even for Americans working and living in the U.S. Sorry to confuse.

Hehe based on the "however" in the previous statement i assumed you were trying to disagree with me.

The company: myZone Media Inc is apparently located in Canada:

1168 Hamilton Street Suite 302
Vancouver , British Columbia V6B 2S2
Canada

And, according to the first post in this thread, the individual to send your resume to: Daniel Whelden, appears to be an account manager for this company: http://www.zoominfo....den/-2119891043

He appears to be living in Buenos Aires: http://ink361.com/ap...lwhelden/photos

The only "career opportunty" I could find on the website for my zone media is a sales associate (account manager).

The name of the founder and CEO is Mike Schwarz: http://myzone.com/about-us

I suggest that anyone who is interested in the position of "assistant to the CEO" to contact the company directly to be sure this "job" offer is legitimate.

And I suggest they do so before sending anyone in Argentina any of their personal data (even if the email address appears to be associated with the company)!

PS: "Romu" has previously posted about jobs with myzone here: http://baexpats.org/...age__hl__myzone

But never answered any of the questions that were asked in the open forum...just like this time.

Any expat who comes here, with his/her 'claim to fame' being a "native" English speaker, will do well to get any sort of job here/// Even if it means 10 usd/hour.

"A bird in hand is better than two in the bush"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back