ATM withdrawals/fees, again

Happy to announce I had a long talk with Chuck S. They confirm what Danc said, no foreign fees and the refund any ATM charges! I am moving forward with opening an account. Gracias Danc, sos Gardel!

Schwab is a brokerage house. What kind of account are you opening with them?

"ghost" said:
Schwab is a brokerage house. What kind of account are you opening with them?

Schwab Investor Checking, I guess. Flyertalk forum maintains a list of ATM cards with low or no foreign exchange/transaction fees.

A high interest checking, connected to a investor account. No mention of needing to maintain a balance in the investor account.

"soulskier" said:
A high interest checking, connected to a investor account. No mention of needing to maintain a balance in the investor account.
I looked online and it seems to say that withdrawls are limited to $500 per day????????? [Schwab]

Any confirmation on the Schwab withdrawal limits?

No withdrawal limits for Schwab - per se... The limits are dependant on the ATM and bank you are using.

HSBC were unable to do anything about the limit, or arrange an account in BsAs, but they do not charge any commision on my ATM withdrawals from my current account, and they can arrange money transfers via my on line banking.
Best deal I have been able to get from the UK.

Back