ATM withdrawals/fees, again

"HDM" said:
Yes, this is more appropriate for American Citizens Services department, and they can be reached from the contact page link I posted previously. They would not forward it, I believe because for this sort of problem they are the proper handlers. All I wanted to do was correct the email address you offered so the IRC staff, who cannot do anything about this problem, would not suddenly receive a flood of emails about it. Good luck trying to get the credit card companies to work on the problem, which originates with Argentine banks, not Visa or Mastercard.
Why are you so sure that the problem originates with the banks and not Visa et al. Fee Harvesting is very profitable for the card companies?

"Fishface" said:
the problem is Banelco.
put pressure on your bank to fix them.
No I use link or Visa Plus or banelco and same results It is the the card companies. They do this here because they can get away with it here.

Maybe someone can tell everyone what email address is correct and then we will go nuts?

Try getting Visa international to put some pressure on
You can ring them on 0014105817931 or try freephone 08006660171
Ring them until they get sick of you and if that works we can start on Mastercard, who knows maybe some people power will eventually work.

"ghost"JP What was your per transaction limit? $300 pesos or 600 pesos per transaction? Ghost [/quote said:
500 pesos per transaction , could repeat three times to take out 1500 using a banco ciudad machine that let me choose VISA PLUS as the network. Banelco will also give me 500 per transaction, but with no option to repeat. I'm not sure how it all works, might be different because its a visa card from a UK bank - no idea truth be told, everyone seems to have different experiences.

[quote name='"jp"'][quote name='"ghost"
JP
What was your per transaction limit? $300 pesos or 600 pesos per transaction?
Ghost

500 pesos per transaction , could repeat three times to take out 1500 using a banco ciudad machine that let me choose VISA PLUS as the network.
Banelco will also give me 500 per transaction, but with no option to repeat.
I'm not sure how it all works, might be different because its a visa card from a UK bank - no idea truth be told, everyone seems to have different experiences.

[/quote']
This is a real mystery. I just went today and drew $650 pesos per shot and repeated several times. Go figure. VISA, US Platinum debit card.

Couple of days ago I withdrew cash with my US debit card:
3 * 300 pesos - from the 'credit account' selector on the ATM screen
then
10 * 300 pesos - from the 'checking account' selector on the ATM screen
this was done within the same 20 minutes.
Bank official told me this was not possible after I had done it...hmmnn
The bank doesnt charge me but the repetition is a pain

Bring 9900 dollar with you from your trip home and pay the rent with that money
Use your bankcard for day to day expenses
It´s not that hard

"CABJ" said:
Bring 9900 dollar with you from your trip home and pay the rent with that money
Use your bankcard for day to day expenses
It´s not that hard
You missed the friggin point. It's your money and you want it when you want it. Not 300 pesos at a time or 600 pesos per hit. And $9900 is chicken shit. Rent what?

Back