Atm Withdrawals, Schwab Cards And The New Exchange Rate...

I tried several Banelco ATMs with no luck - with my US bank debit cards - still getting the same sign stating that my cards cannot be used in those machines. At a Citibank ATM I was able to withdraw 2000 pesos, 89 pesos transaction fee. My US banks stated that they have no idea why Banelco is not accepting their debit cards. I have not tried any other local bank other than Citi machines, but - I repeat - Banelco is not accepting US bank debit cards for the moment. Has anyone been able to withdraw from a Banelco ATM with their foreign debit card? Will appreciate replies, thanks.

Santander Rio is banelco and I use their ATMs several times a week with my Schwab card.

Santander Rio is banelco and I use their ATMs several times a week with my Schwab card.

I do not have a Schwab card, my debit cards are from other US banks, I tried again today at a Banelco, no luck. Thanks.

with a mastercard from KBC, the most I could get at either citybank, hsbc and galacia was 2000 pesos, with a 85.50 peso Banelco charge

with a mastercard from KBC, the most I could get at either citibank, hsbc and galicia was 2000 pesos, with a 85.50 peso Banelco charge

Great data..btw was what the exchange rate..? KBC ?

Thanks

I do not have a Schwab card, my debit cards are from other US banks, I tried again today at a Banelco, no luck. Thanks.

I think it depends on the specific ATMs at the branch. The Santander ATMs at Cramer and Echeverría (Belgrano) do not work, nor does the Banco Nación ATM at Sucre and Cabildo or the Banco Patagonia ATMs at Sucre and Cabildo.

The only place I've found that accepts my Schwab chip card is the Banco Comafi on Ciudad de La Paz between Juramento and Mendoza in Belgrano.

Great data..btw was what the exchange rate..? KBC ?

Thanks

https://www.masterca...encyconversion/ - 1 Euro = 1st of Feb 15.315513, 2nd of Feb 15.410771
For withdrawl on 2nd of Feb I was charged 135.52 euro for 2085.60 peso = 15.39 ARS per Eur master card rate (which is in-between rate of 1st and 2nd)
Not including the KBC 2% conversion charge + 1.5% cash fee (although im disputing the cash fee as credit card a/c was in credit)
After all charges, bancelo + kbc charges
=> 2000 ARS cost me 140.26 = 14.25 effective rate (which is less than exchange4free, azimo, smallworldfs offer and these websites are a bit behind the official rate).

My first attempt in YEARS with Charles Schwab today. ARS 2000 max from Galicia ATM. USD$14.797 effective exchange. It felt weird to not put my Argentine card in the ATM.

Back