Austerity shock: caution at the labor confederation, panic among state workers

The fury when you compare to Norway’s sovereign wealth fund. Imagine what could’ve been achieved instead. But in any case, I don’t want to evolve this thread into Thatcher bashing. I’ll end it on saying I can’t wait for the tories to be thrown out when we’re fortunate enough to have an election
it’s a bit hard to reconcile being politically left leaning for parties in the Uk but then seeing the apparent mess that the “left” has made in Argentina.

I suppose the answer is that it’s not really where parties sit on the political spectrum that makes the difference it has a lot to do with culture of the people who are a part of the system.

A very simplified example is Social Democracy works in Scandivania because the countries are small, homogeneous and people are extremely honest and trust each other.

Argentina is… well not like that in any way.

They need to find a system that works for the country, so far they haven’t managed to.

Pure ideology w/Bullrich as always.

PFA for Zona Sur, Rosario, etc? Low priority. PFA to crack skulls for protesting in CABA? DNU inbound.

It's easier to assault piquiteros and claim to be "tough on crime" than it is to actually prevent/investigate the rampant lawlessness
in the places mentioned. I'm indifferent to the piquiteros and I live near the Ministry of Social Development building (the one with
Evita on it) so I think of all the people in the country I'd argue my neighbors and I get pretty close to 1st dibs to bitch about them,
and I can think of 10+ other things I'd rather have the security state doing/using it's resources on.

In turn, Daniel Catalano from ATE’s Buenos Aires City branch said that the announced cuts “don’t solve a thing” and expressed concern over the fate of “people with disabilities and trans people who joined the public sector thanks to the legally enforced job quota” and who, according to Caputo, will have their contracts terminated on December 31.
This is a pretty strange thing to raise, considering that there will be savage cuts across the board and a total re-imagination of government among much more austere lines.

'Oh no, this extremely marginal group numbering possibly in the 10s across the 10,000+ workers that will go, they could be affected.' Really humorous encapsulation of a certain kind of dumbness in journalism and consumers of journalism.

Back