australian appliances in BA

kevin10

Registered
any Australians out there know if televisions and other appliances can be used in Argentina? cheers

yes, every thing that i have brought from NZ works in Arg, so Aussie stuff will too.. they even have the same 3 pin plugs so no adaptors needed..

davonz said:
yes, every thing that i have brought from NZ works in Arg, so Aussie stuff will too.. they even have the same 3 pin plugs so no adaptors needed..
What about a telly...still work ok?

Thanks, I wonder if a normal TV set PAL-B will still working without any problem, if what I understand is correct the audio on those televisions won't....btw, AUS-NZ is PAL-B, in Argentina is PAL-N

Wouldn´t it cost more to ship the stuff than to replace it? Repairs? Parts?

My sony works with PAL b/g/i/d/k.. it doesnt say anything about any other settings in the analogue setup, but check your T V as it might have the option for Pal-N.
As far as i know DVB-T (freeview) isnt broadcast in arg yet, but there was talk about it starting around 2007 - so i maybe be wrong, as i had cable TV in the apt i rented.

My Sony (purchased in Sydney last year) works a great here too. I have a satellite dish. Same goes for blueray player, Wii, Playstation3, etc. So no problems.

At any rate, check the appliance's power cord, if it says that it takes 110-240v you should be fine.

I brought a tele from Oz 3 years ago and haven't had any luck picking up a signal. Someone did mention that you could buy some kind of adaptor to get it to play PAL-N.

Back