Australian Election - 7 Sept

• Thread starter mellowshipslinky
  • Start date
From a Yank's prospective I sorta see the election as a bit of a funny, but sad, rejection of progress. First you had Gillard given the door (Someone I didn't particularly care for in the first place, especially her views on gay marriage/being spineless to the back benchers) replaced by someone a bit more charismatic (KRudd) who is now playing a game of Xenophobic chicken with Abbott and One Australia over immigration.

I don't care for Kevin Rudd that much, but I'd sure as hell prefer him to Abbott, and since there isn't a real progressive left wing party I guess you have to settle.

YEs, agreed, Bob Brown had the stamina to shake the 'establishment'. I wonder what he's up to these days. Actually, once when I was staying in Tasmania, we had a garage sale,, surprise surprise, guess who turned up? Yours truly himself. he didn't buy anything though.. I have the highest respect for the man.I think he's irreplaceable.

Nice to have you on the forums Mr. Brown. When did you start referring to yourself in the third person?

More arguments against compulsory voting...

Further developments in the campaign: Abbott is a Netball Dad! Now if that doesn't qualify him for PM nothing will. Meanwhile he continues to trot out hateful policies - reducing tax free threshold from $18,200 to $6000, abolishing the clean energy fund (we'll bring back the coal!), stopping an increase in superannuation for our lowest paid while simultaneously restoring the private health insurance rebate to the richest Australians (budget emergency!) - and all the MSM seem to be able to say is "Gee Abbott's daughters seem nice". God help us.

Back