Australian Looking For Work

leahleah1

Registered
Hi all, I am trying all avenues to look for work. I have previously advertised on here looking for work as a carer. I did find a job looking after a elderly lady but the job was only two weeks.

If you know someone or a family that requires some assistance for a loved one, weather it be a disability, recent operation, geriatric care I am available to assist.

Also although I do not have references or experience as a nanny, I am a very trustworthy, caring, kind, patient and organised person.

I am in the process of receiving my DNI, I have my First Aid/CPR, recent police checks and a reference from a school I volunteered at before moving to Buenos Aires.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I am trying all avenues to look for work. I have previously advertised on here looking for work as a carer. I did find a job looking after a elderly lady but the job was only two weeks.

I am in the process of receiving my DNI, I have my First Aid/CPR, recent police checks and a reference from a school I volunteered at before moving to Buenos Aires.

When you say you are in the "process of receiving" your DNI do you mean that you have presented your documents to migraciones? That is what actually starts the process of obtaining temporary residency (as far as migraciones is concerned). You will automatically receive your DNI after temporary residency is granted. You can only get temporary residency based on work if you get a job with an Argentine company that is registered with migraciones (and has approval) to hire foreigners.

In other words, the temporary residency (aka: work visa) comes first (based on the job offer) and then the DNI is issued. Almost all prospective employers will ask if you already have a DNI before considering you for a job. If you don't have a DNI, they must be willing to apply for the residency for/with you before you can (legally) start working.

Please do not go to migraciones to apply for temporary residency (or a work visa) if you find a job without a DNI. Both you and your employer will be in heap big trouble.
emo32.gif

PS: Getting all the documents you need prior to finding the job was/is a good idea. I don't think your police check from Australia will expire (as long as you don't return to Australia before submitting it to migraciones), but I believe the Argentine check is only good for a limited time.

Back