Australian moving to BA info?

JakeSinnott

Registered
Hey, I am an Australian currently living & working in the UK on a VISA. I am going to be going back to Australia for a year, then my goal is to move to South America, specifically Buenos Aires, & to live & work for around a year to learn spanish & experience this beautiful area... I was wondering if anyone can provide me any information with regards to work requirements for an australian in the Argentina & South America in general. I am aware there is a 3 month visitor VISA one can get, but does that allow me to work aswell, & what if I am looking to stay for longer? Any information would be great! Thanks, Jake!

The 3 months tourist visa doesnt allow you to work.. but tell that to the 100s (if not 1,000s) of foreigners who do just that and dont have a problem, especially teaching english.. However i think if you wanted to do something else might be a bit harder to find a job..

Kiwis can get a 1 year work visa for argentina, but i dont know about aussies, check with the arg embassy in sydney..

You will get wacked US$100 (or maybe more now) at the airport just for the privilege of visiting argentina..

I wouldn't reply on any answers from anyone, including the government. The rules and regulations change faster than the weather. The require-
ments for your immigration may change a few times, before you're ready to come to BA.

davonz said:
Kiwis can get a 1 year work visa for argentina, but i dont know about aussies, check with the arg embassy in sydney.

Were you able to get a one year visa that allowed you to work prior to finding a job?

Back