Automobile Purchase Deals

I agree :- cars are investment here.

Know someone in BA who regularly does this. Buys cars. drives them for 6 months to a year and then sells them for 15-30% higher price.
Ceviche, then just forget investment in Paraguay..This used car business is more lucrative and faster money generating than most investment scheme, me thinking.

Cars can definitely be an investment here. I sold my Fiat that I had for sale on the forum. Because of inflation, I only lost $300 US.
Lost money re-selling an used car ? Perhaps due to its marque ? If you had a Toyota, Honda,V.W. perhaps made money on it?
But only US$300 loss is more than acceptable. Some people here loses thousand od Dollars on cars less than year old!

Lost money re-selling an used car ? Perhaps due to its marque ? If you had a Toyota, Honda,V.W. perhaps made money on it?
But only US$300 loss is more than acceptable. Some people here loses thousand od Dollars on cars less than year old!
Hybrid
Do not bring that Supra here and don't expect to be driving anything close to smile factor you had.

Wongjoh,8% off its vehicle's MSRP in a market place that has no new car inventory is remarkable. In elsewhere, if no supply, then very hard to get it discounted at all.! Do you guys have for example, used car value BlueBook type of vehicle's suggetable price guide ?

There is no KBB-type of guide that I'm aware of. The closest would be what the government values the car when you pay your taxes (http://www.dnrpa.gov.ar/valuacion/cons_valuacion.php). Market prices are what you see on MercadoLibre (though some listings are bait-and-switch, beware!) and you negotiate from there.

I imported a car after I received my DNI. Aduana , in determining its value , used Kelly Blue Book. I have seen many different values for the same cars on Mercado Libre and deauto.com. Be careful with used cars , but there can be savings.

I lost $300 because I sold it to a car dealership. It was sold within a week by the first person that walked in. It was 2006 but only had 21.000 km. So I lost $300 US, but it sold quickly.

A lot of people when buying and selling between each other instead of using a car dealership try to put a lower price on the denuncia de venta en the registro automotor. Last week I was there and a couple was trying to do this and the women helping them basically told them it didn't matter how of a discount they gave selling the car, it's market value figured as worth more according to their system. So they put that higher number on the denuncia de venta so they would have to pay higher taxes.

Back