Average salary for TEFL teacher.

I work for a number of institutes and make between $55-$45 ph. I also have private classes and charge $75. I have less than 6 months teaching experience but have a TEFL. Dont work for less than $45!

22 pesos per hour? How long have you been in Argentina? the only thing that is cheap there is the bus! Unless you have a lot of money saved and are going for the experience i would try to find a way to earn a living in another currency - pretty much any other currency. How can someone from a developed country consider working for less than the cost of a cocktail in a bar? This is making a monkey out of the good fortune that you have had to be born in the first world to begin with. For 22 pesos per hour it would be better to go with savings and do some volunteer work.

L.C.C Unfortunately there isn´t much on offer, They pay peanuts here, I am working just for the sake of keeping sane. I am in an office and its the closest thing to prison for me. I came with Savings so earning 4000 pesos a month just means it goes towards bills and rent. I tried looking for Volunteer work but you need to pay to do it. So I dont get how that works, You can´t lend a hand ?

Voluntourism seems to be an big industry around the world, perhaps if you approach small grass-roots organisations and you have some relevant skills - booking keeping, letter writing - then it is free? perhaps not. I worked for free as a geological field assistant when i was studying, not really available or interesting to everyone. It's for this reason that i only ever went to Argentina as a tourist. If you have savings and are there for a good time it is one thing but i see the huge amount of stress that middle class argentine people go through to maintain their fairly basic lifestyle. It's not an easy life. Great place for a holiday. So if your only option is to work for a pittance perhaps it is better to save enough before you go so that you don't need to work and to know when the holiday is over and go back to your comfortable life.

perhaps there needs to be a world vision style sponsor an expat? If i ever get out of my sponsor your in-laws commitment i will consider signing up!

I wouldn't get out of bed for 23 pesos an hour. You should be looking at 40 absolute minimum.

"we'll give you lots of hours though" simply means, "we'll have you on slave wages for even longer" - it's actually more insulting.

"We won't take advantage of you for 15 hours a week, we'll try and do it for 30 hours a week. That's how grand we are!"

run for the hills.

Back