Awesome Lawyer Seeks Awesome-Er Jack-Of-All-Trades

MorganF

Registered
(Guys and Girls, this post isn't to work directly for me; but for someone very close to me. She doesn't have a BAExpats account - because she's too busy lawyering! - so I'm posting on her behalf and message me if this sounds interesting.)

This isn't a traditional job, and I'm not looking for someone traditional.

I am, however, looking for someone like me: a young, hardworking, bilingual woman. Does that describe you? If so, read on, we might be a great team. If it doesn't describe you, then stop here and good luck!

I'm a lawyer but no fear -- you don't need to know anything about law. I will teach everything you need to know; and in fact, I'll help you become an official paralegal if you'd like.

I have a one-woman law practice. Half my clients are in the USA, and half are Argentina; I'm a lawyer in both. We do a unique and uncommon (but intellectually interesting and very fascinating) type of law. My practice is well, just me -- and one fantastic person who works 3 or 4 hours per day, helping me solve my clients paperwork and, alongside me, doing the little details that make our work unusually excellent.

I had an awesome woman who working with me half-time for these last years -- but she just told me, she's stepping down soon so she can pursue her dream of brewing beer with her husband. (Sounds fun -- I just can't compete with that!)

But I'm looking for someone fantastic to take her place. We're not "ñoquis" so it is hard, focused work; honesty is the most important thing for me--and it works both ways, I expect you to be fully honest with me, and I'll be fully honest with you (but positive, don't worry!); and being bilingual is another requirement since our work is in both languages. If you stumble a bit in one language, that's fine, but you need to be at least 90% in both. And being a woman is a preference since you and I will be spending a lot of time together.

I forgot to add another requirement: you are either Argentine or are building long-term roots in Argentina. It's not worth all the time and energy building a great relationship if you're likely to just pick up and move abroad in 6 months!

Here's what it will be like working with me:
- Part-time; about 3-4 hours per day.
- Good pay, by Argentina standards. And if the business keeps growing, I'll be able to pay you more, as well: going from 'good' to 'great'!
- We'll give you a legal job.
- Part of the work is repetitive, working on legal documents and filings; but a lot of it is creative
- Punctuality (by US standards) and feeling comfortable working on your own at our office are key.
- Serious but flexible: I'm very focused, but, as a mother, I'm also very flexible: if you want to shuffle hours occasionally, or travel to the US for a bit, or work from home sometimes -- if we're both dedicated, we can make this work.

The details of the work? Oh, you won't know it but I'll teach you everything you want to know -- and more.

Sound interesting? Drop me a line, and lets have a coffee.

Hi MorganF,

Have you found someone already? Still looking?

I'm BSc (Hons) Business Decision Management graduate. I have responsibly worked in many areas including internal communications management, project management, operational business development, administration and customer service.
I would be keen to apply aquired knowledge and experience and explore a range of process streamlining/problem solving opportunities in a new area (be it law).

Please see my linkedIn for further details of my experience, academic qualifications and skill sets.
I look forward to hearing from you or meting you.

Sincerely,
Laura Sadauskaite

Hi Morgan F

It sounds likea dream job! I wish I was a young woman.

Hi Morgan,
I'm new to BAExpats. Wondering if your friend found a person for the job. If not, I am interested in getting in touch. I'm a journalist. I have worked as project manager/ project coordinator/ translator/ simultaneous interpreter. I've held administration posts in international and Argentine human rights orgs that provide among their services legal support to members, etc. I have been in charge of the administrative, financial and legal aspects of regional offices among other issues needed to guarantee that the offices run smoothly. In addition, I have managed and designed external and internal communications as well as campaigns and project implementation . After the experience of living in several countries, I settled down in Buenos Aires and currently seek exciting opportunities related to my professional experience. I look forward to your reply. Bests,
Karen

Hi Morgan F

It sounds likea dream job! I wish I was a young woman.
You have to be pretty too :) and do not forget "good pay by Argentine standard and hard work by US standard".
I do not think ElQueso is a woman.

I have a position that age and sex are not important, and you can break the employment relationship within or beyond six months.

You have to be pretty too :) and do not forget "good pay by Argentine standard and hard work by US standard".
I do not think ElQueso is a woman.

Correct. I was just kidding. I feel sorry for people who spend their lives living like "wage slaves".

Back