Awful rental situation

A lot of owners pause their listings over a very long weekend, during or right before a devaluation, before a presidential election. I think this must be the case.
I have stayed in 21 Airbnbs....4 in Buenos Aires......and this is weird....including Zonaprob listings have melted.

Must have gotten lucky because we were able to book 2 months at less than $1800 for November and December. 2 br/2.5 bath french style apartment. Turns out we have been in the same building b4. Right on Esmerelda next door to Estrugamou Palace.

Must have gotten lucky because we were able to book 2 months at less than $1800 for November and December. 2 br/2.5 bath french style apartment. Turns out we have been in the same building b4. Right on Esmerelda next door to Estrugamou Palace.

Great location, downtown. Better than Recoleta, Palermo...

Question: Does the new rental law applies to Temporary rentals ?
Not to worry because very few of the BA rentals are registered/legal anyhow.
It hasn't passed the Senate yet, and nationally I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Some of the city councilors in CABA are trying to propose a crackdown on temporary accommodations as it's leading to some of things discussed, but I think people wealthy enough to have more than one residence would rather leave the others empty than risk renting at this point anyways given the macro economic situation.

It's all a scam. I'm convinced that people listing these units are like those who put their 50m2 crackden in Dock Sud for sale for 300K just to placate some family member who wants them to sell the unit, i.e. they put a price nobody with any sense would pay for, renting or purchasing, to say to their spouse/family "see, I listed it."

The minimum wage in CABA is $130/month, and the average is closer to $350. These people are choosing to keep the units empty.
As high as U$S 350? Source?

It hasn't passed the Senate yet, and nationally I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Some of the city councilors in CABA are trying to propose a crackdown on temporary accommodations as it's leading to some of things discussed, but I think people wealthy enough to have more than one residence would rather leave the others empty than risk renting at this point anyways given the macro economic situation.

It's a LAW the Rental LAW passed the Senate with modifications and later in Diputados. Please correct if we are wrong..?.

"In Diputados, the project from the Senate was approved, thus consolidating the victory of the ruling party. These changes represent a milestone in the Argentine real estate market, raising expectations and concerns among the actors involved. Among the most significant modifications, the extension of the duration of the contracts to three years and the replacement of the Rental Contract Index (ICL) with the Home Own coefficient stands out, which is disclosed by the Ministry of Territorial Development and is in Use since 2021 to update credits for the Procrear II program.

Back