Awful rental situation

Caribbean Cool

Registered
There are about 20, just 20, 2 bdrm 2 bath apartments available on Airbnb for $1800 a month or less....I call that freaky

It's all a scam. I'm convinced that people listing these units are like those who put their 50m2 crackden in Dock Sud for sale for 300K just to placate some family member who wants them to sell the unit, i.e. they put a price nobody with any sense would pay for, renting or purchasing, to say to their spouse/family "see, I listed it."

The minimum wage in CABA is $130/month, and the average is closer to $350. These people are choosing to keep the units empty.

Check on instagram or FB, plenty of apartments being listed for rent lately, though they are not necessarily as nice/modern as most of the Airbnbs are

I'm not sure what time period you're looking for, but I see 147 2Br/2Ba apartments (or larger) available in December for less than U$D 1800. Not that that's a lot, but it's more than 20. I think the AirBnB market tends to favor smaller units anyway.

Wıth the crazy inflation and the elections economics, property owners are resorting to short term rentals. My wife owns a 1 bed property and the demand is crazy. Don’t make the mistake of evaluating Argentina economy with the minimum wage. There’s a parallel economy, especially in BA, where people earn a lot of money under the table. Compare Airbnb to the hotels. I’m expecting same thing to happen in BA as in NYC that the caba gov will issue a ban on Airbnb to regulate the housing crisis in CABA as things are going out of control. But believe me usd 1800 for a 2 bed 2 bath is some sort of a hot deal at the mo.

Yes also not sure what dates you are selecting - if its starting today then its of course going to be tough to find apartments that have no bookings coming up in the next month.
If I search for a months availability but with flexible dates then I get 350.

Question: Does the new rental law applies to Temporary rentals ?
Not to worry because very few of the BA rentals are registered/legal anyhow.

Has there been a big change in airbnb rental prices in the last 6-9 months?

A lot of owners pause their listings over a very long weekend, during or right before a devaluation, before a presidential election. I think this must be the case.

I'm not sure what time period you're looking for, but I see 147 2Br/2Ba apartments (or larger) available in December for less than U$D 1800. Not that that's a lot, but it's more than 20. I think the AirBnB market tends to favor smaller units anyway.
Sure ...you are right. I was looking for units that have doors on the bathroom....dining tables with more than 3 legs....units that have windows.......units that provide sheets, not newspapers.....and I really like sofas and dining tables......elevators in the building go a long way....do I have to go on? Oops I forgot....Recoleta, Palermo, Belgrano, and close by work well.....

Back