Aysa Water Bill

My water bill has gone from $20 (subsidized), to $62, unsubsidized, to now $82, unsubsidized. There's a formula on the back of the bill explaining how they arrived at that number (we have unmetered service), but I think the formula is the same one that Will Hunting solved.

Gas has gone from $60 last winter to $125 for the same period (but it's been much milder), and I think that there's (at least) one more bump coming.

They haven't changed the electricity subsidies yet around here (city and province of Bs.As.), except maybe for splattermatter and some people who renounced their electric subsidy (and maybe are now wondering if that was a mistake). However, a few months back, when we got our electric bill, we found we had a credit of about $800 because we were in the group with the highest number of hours of apagones last summer. If they don't remove or reduce the electric subsidies, we won't be paying an electric bill for about another 18 months. I'd rather pay the full amount without subsidies and never lose power, but I'm afraid it's likely to be another long, hot, dark summer around here.

In Prague I pay approximately the equivient of $ 400usd monthly expenses NO portero, trash 2x week, no cable NADA that's $5600pesos! of course wages are differnet but our luz y gas are very expensive as we get gas from motherRussia and Norway.( at least it comes from MotherRussia now but Putin wants to end that!)

In Prague I pay approximately the equivient of $ 400usd monthly expenses NO portero, trash 2x week, no cable NADA that's $5600pesos! of course wages are differnet but our luz y gas are very expensive as we get gas from motherRussia and Norway.( at least it comes from MotherRussia now but Putin wants to end that!)

Thanks for reminding all the expats in Argentina that the cost of living in their home countries is much higher than Argentina.

We all have the ability to reduce our consumption of water, electricity, and gas, whether it's reflected in the bill or not. Argentines have paid almost nothing for water which the state can no longer afford to subsidize.

We take these services --water, electricity, gas -- for granted and often consume more than necessary.

How many live with all the lights on in every room of the house?
How many take long showers with the water at full force?
How many heat the house all day long when not at home during these mild winter days?

We are very fortunate to live in a country where we have these services. Many countries do not. A few months ago I learned about Charity:Water I think about these women in Africa every time I turn on the faucet. I donate to the cause. They have to work hours each day for their water supply; we merely turn a knob. http://www.charitywater.org/

Thanks for reminding all the expats in Argentina that the cost of living in their home countries is much higher than Argentina.

So are wages ;) As for the rest, I agree. As always, I wish there had been a better job of warning people/phasing the increases in over a period of time but c'est la vie.

I actually just realized AYSA abandoned the water treatment plant behind our property recently. Wonder what they're going to do with it now?

Reviving an old thread here. I received a monthy water bill today with dates "Fecha de emision" of 13/4/2024 and "fecha de vencimiento" of 14/04/2024 and then "a debitar el" 14/05/2024 which I am translating to issue date, due date and to debt on. It seems very high at 50K for a month. How could a due date be 14th of previous month and only receive it today and are your invoices as high...2 person household...no big water usage. Any thoughts or opinions are welcome:)

The consorcio already has a debt to AySA of over three million pesos. Our June bill is 150k now that subsidies are gone. I give our incompetente administración all the credit for not increasing monthly contribution to pay all the bills. The consorcio hopes the new administration will wave her magic wand and make it go away. The interest is thousands each day.

The majority of residents work. The minority are retirees like me who have to pay their share.

We all have the ability to reduce our consumption of water, electricity, and gas, whether it's reflected in the bill or not. Argentines have paid almost nothing for water which the state can no longer afford to subsidize.

We take these services --water, electricity, gas -- for granted and often consume more than necessary.

How many live with all the lights on in every room of the house?
How many take long showers with the water at full force?
How many heat the house all day long when not at home during these mild winter days?

We are very fortunate to live in a country where we have these services. Many countries do not. A few months ago I learned about Charity:Water I think about these women in Africa every time I turn on the faucet. I donate to the cause. They have to work hours each day for their water supply; we merely turn a knob. http://www.charitywater.org/
Will outdoor restaurants continue to use those scalding hot electric heaters?

Back