Ayudemos A David. Please Read.

Vagrant Violet

Registered
Hey, fellow BA Expats,

Very few people in my life know that I was gravely ill as a child with Lyme Disease for years. Doctors predicted that I would have permanent neurological and arthritic damage, and would lose my ability to walk, amongst other horrible complications. I am incredibly fortunate to have been able to make a (damn near miraculous) recovery. The Hell I went through, I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

I recently came across a Facebook page for a young Argentine man who is my age who is suffering from Lyme Disease after living in New York (the area of the US where it is most prominent), and needs money for treatment that he will receive in about 9 days. The total cost for the treatment is more than a staggering U$477,000. You can read more about him, his personal story, and his condition on his webpage (below).

Seriously, guys. Anything that you can donate to help this guy out would mean a great deal to me. I've already made a donation (you can do it in Argentine pesos), please consider doing so as well.

This is the website: http://ecbiz175.inmotionhosting.com/~lymeba5/
Thanks for reading.
heart emoticon

This might be inappropriate but a client of mine has a German machine that does electromagnetic treatments and supposedly has had excellent effects with lyme disease. She is a doctor with a specialty in homeopathic medicine. Whether or not it truly works, I don't know, but it might be worth a shot (in the meantime it would be a cheaper treatment until your friend can get the cash together). The idea behind this science is that when the astronauts went out into space, their bodies decayed rapidly. This was due to the change in electromagnetic fields, so NASA has to install a device that changed the electromagnetic fields in the space shuttles. This device, called hondamed (made by a German doctor and doctor/engineer), measures the electromagnetic pulses at a celular level and then bombards the cells with an electromagnetic pulse as to correct the electromagnetic fields of the cells. They did put some studies on their website that were fairly simple that showed results. My client swears by it and says that it is very helpful for people with lyme disease. Just thought I would put it out there.

I have read about David before. I have a good friend who has had Lyme disease for almost ten years. For the most part, it has been debilitating partially because she was misdiagnosed for years. As you mentioned, the treatment is expensive and not covered by insurance nor disability (at least in California).

Fortunately, my friend worked for a successful startup and has been able to fund most of her treatment out of pocket. If it weren't for that, I'm not sure what would have happened to her.

This might be inappropriate but a client of mine has a German machine that does electromagnetic treatments and supposedly has had excellent effects with lyme disease. She is a doctor with a specialty in homeopathic medicine. Whether or not it truly works, I don't know, but it might be worth a shot (in the meantime it would be a cheaper treatment until your friend can get the cash together). The idea behind this science is that when the astronauts went out into space, their bodies decayed rapidly. This was due to the change in electromagnetic fields, so NASA has to install a device that changed the electromagnetic fields in the space shuttles. This device, called hondamed (made by a German doctor and doctor/engineer), measures the electromagnetic pulses at a celular level and then bombards the cells with an electromagnetic pulse as to correct the electromagnetic fields of the cells. They did put some studies on their website that were fairly simple that showed results. My client swears by it and says that it is very helpful for people with lyme disease. Just thought I would put it out there.

Yes it is inappropriate. It doesn't work. Its a scam that was designed, like many others, to prey on desperate people in dire situations. It's reprehensible.

Lyme disease sucks. I had a childhood friend who got it and it was awful. Thanks for posting the story, I'll share it around, hopefully he can get some help.

Yes it is inappropriate. It doesn't work. Its a scam that was designed, like many others, to prey on desperate people in dire situations. It's reprehensible.

Yeah it sounded familiar when I read the description...I was one of the scammed people that tried it for six months at a hefty cost while I was still living in the U.S. . I have neuropathy and arthritic like symptoms that are diagnosed as fibromyalgia, but I grew up in New York and Connecticut and had dogs most of my life so who knows . Anyway those treatments didn't do anything. Except temporarily give me false hopes.

Listen, it's not a scam. The people that work with this machine, and the people that created it, are doctors and they take it very seriously. These are some very sincere people. A scam is when people deliberately try to deceive people and take their money for something they believe is false. Saying that it is a scam is like saying acupuncture is a scam. There is some data (as in scientific experiments) that it might serve a purpose (although not enough data). If it helps, it helps, if it doesn't, it doesn't. When you get desperate, you try anything. Or at least I would.

I always thought acupuncture was quack stuff for medicine men until I really needed it for a trapped nerve in my shoulder.

Like I said, I don't endorse it or anything. But calling it a scam is far-fetched. A scam is intentionally malicious or that someone that knows the treatment doesn't work but sells it anyways. An example of a scam would be all the vitamin pill companies (you just pee the vitamins out and these companies know this but keep selling their product). I have no idea whether acupuncture or hondamed works because there is not enough scientific data to establish whether they do or don't. So I certainly wouldn't get my hopes up with them but even if they just have a placebo effect, maybe it's worth a shot.

Back