B of A Mobile App Downloading?

Thanks you all for the Help.
Will summarize below the issue for future users
  1. If you intend to download the App from the B of A web page you need a USA mobile number.
  2. If you go to the Google Play Store (Argentina Version) the B of A Mobile App doesn't appear. One needs to change the settings for the USA Google Play Version. Then for a year you can't use Argentina Apps?

Will summarize below the issue for future users

You can associate multiple Google accounts with the same phone.

Go to gmail.com and create another Google account. If they ask you about your address, put your USA address. I don't think Google asks for US mobile phone number right now.

Add this account to your phone (Settings->Accounts&Sync->Add Account->Google).

Open Google Play app and select this account (hamburger menu icon, account dropdown at the top).

In the Google Play go to "Payment methods" and set up a new payment method. Add your USA credit or debit card there.

Now you have Google account in the USA region and the app should appear in the results of your search. Go and download your app.

Normally, regional restrictions are for download, not usage. If you have an application installed, you can use it. There is no need to wait for anything or switch your payment methods back and force.

I saw reports recently that Google Fi started to enforce their terms of service by kicking out customers who spend more than 6 months outside the US.

By the way it is possible to buy US number with SMS support for much cheaper than $20 per month Google Fi requires.
For instance, from https://voip.ms
interesting. i hope this doesn't happen to me.

interesting. i hope this doesn't happen to me.
Google Fi says its specifically for use in the US. Users spending alot of time outside the US are getting notices of termination after 6 or 12 months. It's unclear what the criteria for termination is. Some speculate that its a ratio of usage inside the US vs outside, some say that it might be based on amount of roaming charges accumulated.
I am trying to minimize my roaming by only turning on roaming data when I need it.
There doesn't seem to be a good replacement for those terminated from Google Fi. There are some global voip services but it looks like voip's cannot receive the short-sms codes that banks send.
The $20 minimum monthly fee for Fi is really about $31 after taxes.

yeah, i went and read the TOS and it's pretty clearly stated there. i just never bothered to read it before.

i've been using it in argentina for two years now. i make probably 3 trips a year to the US, from 1-3 weeks at a time each trip. i suppose i might start to lean back more towards wifi usage when i can.

Back