BA Chaos

Fohan

Registered
Just arrived in BA last week and definitely things are a lot more complicated than I expected!

Heard about the blue rate about a month before I came here but I´m avoiding getting cash out of the ATM right now as lll just lose money at a ridiculous rate! Saw some messages on these forums with directions to places around Florida so will be checking that out with small sums of dollars next week,

Is there anywhere to get a decent price for electronics? Currently, my laptop has died and need a new one asap. If I buy one on my credit card (the one I want anyways its about 7k pesos, but given that I´d get charged "official" exchange rate that wont be happening...

My only other alternative is to hit up Ciudad del Este for the weekend!

Suggest you check mercadolibre.com for a suitable laptop. Doubt that if you add the cost of the trip to Cuidad del Este you will get a better deal than $7000.

Take a (cheap) ship to uruguay, and take fresh dollars from any ATM in a normal country. Then, came here, change them at $6,20 and pay everything you need with cash.
and if you will be here more than 6 months, open here an account, and put the pesos there, so you can pay with debit card (you get 4,13% VAT reinbursment from the government) and not need to be with much money in your pockets.

Good luck!

Back