BA Expat census (for fun...)

we have had over 40 replies. some of which were PM'd to me. I will keep this going for a few more days in the hopes I hear from a few more people.

Please don't be shy! Letting other Expats know where you are from and your age helps people feel more comfortable to get in touch with each other.

so end of day 2, the top three nationalities (that have replied) are:

Americans 42%
British 21%
Canadian 15%

with an average age of 39, and an average stay of 2.5 years.

I will post final results end of week. please keep info coming if you haven't so far.
best
n

Cdn from Ottawa 50's
Lived in ARg Bsas since June '09
Lived in Montevideo 2 yrs previous.:eek:

Irish citizen (born in London)
Male, 49 yrs old
Been in BA for 10 months

US male, 28
Here in BA since February, minus two months in Peru

As my handle suggests I'm from the city of brotherly love (that is, tough love, very tough...but hey, you can't be too choosy)

US female, 25.
Been here since June 2008.

I second the idea that a poll would be a more efficient and possibly more accurate way to gather data, but this works too. I would also be interested in knowing how people live here, or rather:
a) trying to earn a living working here, b) actually earning a living working here, c) living here while working from home/freelance, or d) not currently earning.

Or something along those lines. Am sure those sorts of questions would most definitely need to be answered anonymously.

Thanks.

The average age is about to go up!
Tom 65
Nancy 61
From (and still in) Seattle WA USA
We've been commuting for 3 years now and hope to make it more permanent in the near future.

Male from Seattle, Washington USA, 47. I've been living on and off in Bs As since 1991. My longest stay was 3.5 years. I return whenever my Argentine wife commands. Typically a few months each year during the bleak Pacific Northwest winter.

Asian-American (F) married to German (M); used to live in San Francisco, New Zealand and now in BsAs on & off for the past year.
52 & 49

It seems a lot of the younger ex pats aren't responding...

24, F, American, been here since July 2008.
And in reference to tez's suggestion...
Not earning... unless you count living off your fiance... : )

Reactions: tez
Back