• USA

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other (Americas)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Other (Europe)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (I don't give a ****)

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Other (Some impossibility, like Honduras or France)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Germany is the favorite... and they've kicked us out in the past 2 World Cups... but it's futbol, and anything can happen. :) I have faith. And even if they don't win, they've done a great job. I also thank the team for kicking out Holland and Brazil for taking Spain's place in biggest embarrassment.

0001663680.jpg

http://mundoclay.com/news.php?art=437

some people are claiming that the NEYMAR injury is a hoax...

It couldnt happen, really .......?

Argentina has pretty good team, too. I think they are getting underestimated in the media. Probably they prefer it that way. They deserved to win against Holland as they played better. They had a goal nullified that was clearly not offsides...

I've read from multiple sources that the ball didn't actually go INTO the goal, but rather hit the outside of the side netting. That was why it was ruled "no goal".

http://mundoclay.com/news.php?art=437

some people are claiming that the NEYMAR injury is a hoax...

It couldnt happen, really .......?

That hit on Neymar was real. He went down and never got back up. There are a lot of conspiracy theorists with regard to fixing the World Cup. I don't believe that FIFA is sitting back pulling strings to get one team to win. I DO believe that ONE player can be bought. And one player can affect the outcome. But that I think would come from the sports-betting arena.

Of course Argentina have a team. They organised themselves fantastically against the Dutch, restricting them to no real shots on goal, allowing Robben the ball only 6 times in the 1st half, it wasn't Messi who did that. Arguably Garay would be in the team of the tournament so far, Rojo has been a revelation, Mascherano is in the running for the player of the tournament award (like Cannavarro in 2006, sometimes defensive players win world cups) in and around those players Biglia has been a tidily effective cog in the machine, Lavezzi keeps the opposition "honest" through constant direct runs with and without the ball. Messi is being burdened to much with the attack because Kun appears to have had some sort of mental breakdown while the Apache suns himself in Miami. Higuain is lumbering about like a labrador, faithful and lovable but lacking finesse or maybe support. If one of those 2 can find something in the final akin to form (unlikely at this stage, and one swallow does not make a summer Higuain!) there is reason for hope. They will have to look at the Ghana game and maybe some of mertesackers less than convincing moments to realise that quick conuter attacking football with the ball on the ground can hurt the german defence which unusually for them is not so strong this year. Hummels is marvellous of course, but none of his colleagues are at his level. Mertesacker and the other fella who isnt Lahm can be tested.

If Messi was in the English or US team, contrary to popular belief, the result would not be the same as the respective coaches and players do not have the game intelligence to control a match where they might not be able to play on the front foot. Argentina played naively on the front foot against Germany in 2010, it cost them dearly. They have learnt to be smarter, albeit less attractive, more compact, more able to cover off an entire pitch and having kept some excellent players like Shaqiri, Hazard and Robben quiet.

Unfortunately with Germany they will have a lot of holes in the bucket to plug, Khedira, and Schweinsteiger need to be on the back foot as if they play with the ball coming forward it's Good NIght Vienna, the need to stop them getting the ball into Muller and Kroos.

Almost Mission Impossible, but, actually the reason Argentina have been able to progress so far is the incredible team effort to shut down some very good sides and give Messi that little bit of space. I dont think anyone with much of an appreciation of football (soccerball or whatever else if you wish to be obtuse) or even team sports frankly can casually say it is Messi's achievement to have got to the final.

Unless of course the little fella saved those 2 penalties and tackled Robben in the box etc etc etc...

Naive.

Back