Ba Food Week

thorsten

Registered
Cliffs: Several restaurants offer a 3 course menu for 220$.

http://bafoodweek.com/

In case you weren't aware, Porteños now demand spicy food: http://www.planetajoy.com/?Buenos_Aires_Hot%3A_la_nueva_moda_de_la_comida_picante&page=ampliada&id=6656&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=Newsmaker&utm_campaign=Newsmaker%20-%20envio-01-04-2014%20-%2001-04-2014

I once ate at a "real Nipponese" owned sushi joint called, Kintaro on Monjitas in Santi-asco, chile.
The menu had a nice pics of assorted sushi at somehow-highish-side price, but it looked good so I ordered.
When the sushi arrived, there were an enourmous amount of 'salmons', I mean, half of its plate were the salmon fish variety.! I called the waitress and asked to show me the menu again then opened the menu and pointed that pic of the assorted sushi and complained to her that this is not even close to what depicts on the menu.

She brought the manager,owner Mr. Suzuki and he said that he does not get enough of the white fleshed fishes in chile so obligated to assemble the dish using more salmon fish.! That expalanation somewhat not good enough for me so I said, well, I really don't want to pay the full fare for half the fish that are not the orange coloured. He obliged, and he knocked off half the price. ! Of course, we were conversing in our lingo so not to create a scene among the diners, or better, so that other patrons do not follow my method! I really do not like to see many salmons in my sushi...

Oh and the Maguro, the Tuna or Atun fish in order to savour them, you have to make your trip to Ecuador.
There are an abundance of the Tunas, there is where the commercial Tuna catching goes around.
But I pleadge to you all, in the event of me opening up the real McCoy Sushi joint there in Bs As, I will have them for sure. I might have to quick freeze then fly them to Sanati-asco then smuggle them into Argentina so to satiate the expats sushi lovers despite the adversity!

In case you weren't aware, Porteños now demand spicy food: http://www.planetajo...14 - 01-04-2014

I would love to believe this article. Most porteños start questioning you nervously when you even hint that you will give them something.... "picante". Salta and Jujuy are the only provinces that include some spicey food, and it's usually limited to sauce on the table.

My experiences with BsAs food deals has been bad to terrible. The restaurants cook "special" for the deals.

Nancy

I totally agree. When I've been foolish enough to take their daily specials or "promos" the food I've been served is almost always second class (compared to the regular menu items). Portions are smaller and I swear service is even worse when you do that.

I once ate at a "real Nipponese" owned sushi joint called, Kintaro on Monjitas in Santi-asco, chile.
The menu had a nice pics of assorted sushi at somehow-highish-side price, but it looked good so I ordered.
When the sushi arrived, there were an enourmous amount of 'salmons', I mean, half of its plate were the salmon fish variety.! I called the waitress and asked to show me the menu again then opened the menu and pointed that pic of the assorted sushi and complained to her that this is not even close to what depicts on the menu.

She brought the manager,owner Mr. Suzuki and he said that he does not get enough of the white fleshed fishes in chile so obligated to assemble the dish using more salmon fish.! That expalanation somewhat not good enough for me so I said, well, I really don't want to pay the full fare for half the fish that are not the orange coloured. He obliged, and he knocked off half the price. ! Of course, we were conversing in our lingo so not to create a scene among the diners, or better, so that other patrons do not follow my method! I really do not like to see many salmons in my sushi...

Oh and the Maguro, the Tuna or Atun fish in order to savour them, you have to make your trip to Ecuador.
There are an abundance of the Tunas, there is where the commercial Tuna catching goes around.
But I pleadge to you all, in the event of me opening up the real McCoy Sushi joint there in Bs As, I will have them for sure. I might have to quick freeze then fly them to Sanati-asco then smuggle them into Argentina so to satiate the expats sushi lovers despite the adversity!

I've eaten many times at Kintaro, but not for several years now. I recall getting a diversity of sushi there, though.

Back