Ba Herald Question

I agree that the good thing is that Macri doesn`t have relationship with this government and I doubt he can be more corrupt than this government has been. We are lucky this government has showed himself the way they are but the bad news is that in the end the state is corrupt so whatever government we have, it is going to be very difficult to get out of corruption and leave behind populism and practices of that kind where anyone that think different is an enemy and in the meantime the rest of the world is going foward while we go backward.

I agree that the good thing is that Macri doesn`t have relationship with this government and I doubt he can be more corrupt than this government has been. We are lucky this government has showed himself the way they are but the bad news is that in the end the state is corrupt so whatever government we have, it is going to be very difficult to get out of corruption and leave behind populism and practices of that kind where anyone that think different is an enemy and in the meantime the rest of the world is going foward while we go backward.

problem is if he is to govern the country he's going to have to have some sort of relationship with people who are with the current government.

Some one I know who´s connected to the newspaper business told me that if some one speaks out against CFK, there could be retribution.

In my opinion this is a totalitarian government, there are not press conferences, no possibility of asking question, journalists that don`t think like them of course can`t make questions, how would I call this government.....when a government think they have all the answers and are the owner of the true and a president speaks several times a year we are in problems, thank God people are tired of this style.....

Let's be clear, Macri is no saint, in fact it is an indicator of how desperate things are here that he's considered the good guy.

Here is a fairly accurate piece, certainly so by BA Herald standards: http://buenosairesherald.com/article/202984/neoconservative-terror-is-waiting-to-pounce-

ben: That is because the piece you mention was written by James Neilson.He is the only decent veteran contributor the Herald has left since they were bought by Ambito Financiero.

ben: That is because the piece you mention was written by James Neilson.He is the only decent veteran contributor the Herald has left since they were bought by Ambito Financiero.
So did the Herald allow this to be published because they are smelling change coming, or did Neilson sneak this by the copy editor? This is NOT k puff-piece!

Neilson never fails to call a spade a spade. For the most part, I agree with what he writes, whatever the subject. And his English is excellent.

So did the Herald allow this to be published because they are smelling change coming, or did Neilson sneak this by the copy editor? This is NOT k puff-piece!

Neilson doesn't write K puff pieces. In fact, Neilson doesn't write puff pieces about anyone or anything. There's always a bit of skepticism in his writing, even cynicism at times, and that's what I like about him.

I have some friends who are going to vote "en blanco" next Sunday, for they don't believe in either candidate, etc., believing that whatever Scioli or Macri say, it's all a bunch of lies. I've advised them that they should vote for one or the other, regardless of the plethora of so-called lies, for at this moment we're living with a government that is one BIG lie, so why not take a chance and see if some of the lies actually turn out to be truths?

Back