Ba Herald To Go Weekly

I think everyone nowadays read on their phone or computers, I don't remember already the last time I read a newspaper outside internet, I read at least 3 newspaper any given day, 1 in Spanish, 1 in English and 1 in German (this last just because I live in Germany) all of them I read on the internet. I would say that this phenomenon affects, even more, English newspapers, as in the past you could only get news in English in the paper version nowadays you can read any newspaper in the world comfortable with your mobile phone or computer, taking away any advantage of reading an English newspaper.

Luckily,for me anyway at 74 Bs.As. is quite retro.Seniors for the most part like the feel of the newsparer in our hands.I have just left my favorite corner coffee bar where I was able to read the paper editions of La Nacion and Clarin.Now I will read the NYTimes on line and scan the Herald in the same way.I would, of course,rarther read them all in print editions.I spent Sept. in NYC where one of the steadfast Big Apple Sunday traditions for all ages is an big breakfast and the print edition of the SundayTimes.The different sections being shared around among family or friends.
Besides Argentina there are other Latin American countries that have an English speaking minority.In Costa Rica it is made up of Jamaican workers who immigrated there to work for United Fruit now Chiquita Banana On the Pacific coast in Puerto Viejo this community sponsors English teachers from Jamaica itself to come and teach their children.I have spoken to fishermen of this minority who still fight to keep their English alive even with little or no formal schooling.

Back