BA News: BA Herald on Strike & SUGAR Shut by The Man

lol maybe it's also that Nikad and I are very cynical, and when we hear that they "paid" we both probably think "greased the hands of someone" rather than paid the appropriate fine in a legal fashion. haha sorry, I think I've been here too long! :S

syngirl said:
lol maybe it's also that Nikad and I are very cynical, and when we hear that they "paid" we both probably think "greased the hands of someone" rather than paid the appropriate fine in a legal fashion. haha sorry, I think I've been here too long! :S

NO, they definitely didn't "pay" ;) for getting caught, or they wouldn't have been closed for as long as they were.

In other news....

Apparently the BA Herald strike has hit Day 3

I use the paper occasionally for English classes. And while it's true that they basically don't have any editor AND most of their staff is ESL/EFL, it is a good teaching tool. Whether it brings up new words, phrases, phrasal verbs or it provides examples of non-native speakers making routine mistakes, it is nice to have around.

The problem with Sugar AFAIK is that they're not willing to "pay";) And that they may be a victim of their own popularity, somehow I think the neighboring bars may not be quite as happy for them as they should be & prone to complaining about them.

It sucks for them, hope they get it resolved quickly.

citygirl said:
The problem with Sugar AFAIK is that they're not willing to "pay";) And that they may be a victim of their own popularity, somehow I think the neighboring bars may not be quite as happy for them as they should be & prone to complaining about them.
Sound very reasonable for BsAs - competitors paying a higher coíma to have them closed than the coíma they pay for staying open.

texxaslonghorn said:
I understood that the problem had been resolved.

??????

Are you saying THIS TIME, or in the PAST?

I just checked the Facebook page (& Facebook Group page) and nothing new has been posted.

I heard complaints before about the Herald's staff's command of the English language...but the Spanish-language newspapers are not Borges-class either (Clarín mainly)...and they have native speakers.

Back