Ba To Rio With 2 Dogs. Not In An Airplane.

tesstafarian

Registered
Hey kids,

I'm looking to relo to Rio for a few months and trying to sort the logistics out of getting there. I have 2 small dogs who are coming with me, and I'd prefer to avoid air travel if possible. Ideally I'd like to rent a car, but one-way trips between countries are proving to be difficult options to find. I'd LOVE it if anyone knows of a rental car company that allows this, or if there are bus, train, boat or donkey options that I haven't even considered.

Thank you!

Depending on the amount of stuff you have, you might want to ship your stuff out by sea, and you and your family can travel by other means.
There are bus going to Rio, that's sure, but AFAIK they don't accept animals on board, especially with a border to pass (and further pet documentation to bring).

I think there are some paperworks involved in bringing your stuff to Brazil, so you cannot simply rent a van and ride it (also because the van's documentation & insurance might not allow to bring it abroad).

tesstafarian, perhaps the Brasileiro dude named "camberiu" has an answer for your inquiry. That chap knows a lot about anything IMO

tesstafarian, perhaps the Brasileiro dude named "camberiu" has an answer for your inquiry. That chap knows a lot about anything IMO

Dude, I have no clue if one can rent a car for a one way trip between the two countries. If I were to venture a guess, I'd guess that it is easier to find hair growing on a chicken egg than to do what she is asking, but I have no way to check one way or the other.

Dude, I have no clue if one can rent a car for a one way trip between the two countries. If I were to venture a guess, I'd guess that it is easier to find hair growing on a chicken egg than to do what she is asking, but I have no way to check one way or the other.
To Dude Jr, I said "perhaps"...But we all trying...Thanks for your comment though. Okusan-wa-ogenkidesuka? And when going to New York, Queens to see my old friends, I definetely wanting to meet you two...Kanou-desuka?

Hi Hybrid-san. It will be a pleasure to meet you next time you are either in NYC or in Buenos Aires.

Back