Back In New York.......

Davidglen77

Registered
.......so yesterday afternoon I arrived back in New York. I didn't want to say farewell because first of all I don't like goodbye's and secondly I feel a strong connection to Argentina and know that I will be back someday, although probably never permanently.

I've been thoroughly enjoying my first 24 hours back, smiling at everyone and everything, eating all of the foods I have missed SO much, like shrimp in cilantro dressing, egg white omlette with spinach and feta cheese, and I made myself a fruit salad out of rasberries, blueberries, blackberries, papaya, pineapple and pomegranite seeds.

I feel so fortunate to have been in Argentina's womb for the past 7 years....I feel I am a better and a more understanding human being for have lived there. I am warmer with my friends, I will never be as ostentatious and consume as much as I used to. I will never wear a piece of gold jewelry ever again, I am more compassionate towards people who are disadvantaged and not that I wasn't before Argentina but I didn't realize the extent of poverty that a large segment of the world lives with.

I know I did the right thing by coming back for myself and my friends and family. I will always be part Argentino y siento que mi corazón se tinió de celeste y blanca.

I don't think I will ever stop reading the posts on this board. I look forward to reading about everyone's adventures in my beautiful Argentina......

Thanks for the great post! Best of luck in your future adventures, wherever they take you!

Tad's N.Y. steaks, Long Island chowders , the Clam broths, the nathan's hot dogs, now going to Autum~Winter, pretty soon the callin' of street vendor saying, Chestnut ! Roasted Chestnuts! Oh I miss the Big Apples too ! Haven't been there recently...Keep on posting from your US returnee prospectives, bless the BA forums with infos ! Welcomeback indeed....

I've enjoyed the relatively little time I've spent in New York, but I still prefer Buenos Aires.

I read that the last stretch of the high line recently opened. Let us know how it is if you make it over that way.
Enjoy NYC!

Back