Back In New York.......

Yes now you can see even the most picturesque parts of Chelsea from a third floor! you can even see the southern part of Hell's Kitchen on a clear day! It's totally worth the crowds and it totally compensates for not having a proper observation deck in lower Manhattan for the last 13 years... maybe if they had built the air gondola to gover island instead...
29_07gondola.jpg

Welcome home, Dave! I have appreciated the mountains of advice you have offered on this forum over the years. I am also back home in NY right now, and I hope your re-entry to NY life goes as smooth as mine did!

mountains of advice is correct Dave, you've been and still are a point of reference in B.A.
Thank you for the input and please let us know what you think of the Best City of the World after the new rose-tinted glasses come off again

All the best in this new chapter of your life. Just in case you feel homesick about argentina, stop by balvanera restaurant. Or Jackson Hights to buy meat from uruguay, with argentina-style cut at Don Francisco. Beso y abrazo argentino!!

You are back in the center of the world. No matter how many nasty cracks Argentines may make my experience is that most Argentines love New York and that includes CFK.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your trip back. :)

You'll miss this place... maybe in small and strange ways. Best of luck there in New York!

Your posts are always rich, informative and great in so many ways, .... but this one is touching !!!

How do you define home after that ?

Half way here half way there ?
OR
Neither here nor there ?

Jealous ...all the none Faguzzeta food ... just in time for ThanksGiving with all the trimmings.

Right now, I´d kill for merely a Polish Debrezeni with sour kraut from a street food stand, let alone the Surf&Turf.

Thanks to all for your kind words....I will miss sharing common experiences with you all and am SO ready for a whole new set of experiences to work with here, some old, some new. Today is my 3rd day back and I am loving it. I can't stop eating!! Today a bought a pound of roasted cashews and after I ate a few handfulls and realized they were going to disappear quickly I gave them to a random person in the street and just said "here have these", they looked at me kind of strange and said "oh um, thanks" I ran around the corner onto Queens Boulevard laughing out loud....I am so loving this!

Back