Back In New York.......

Can you do me a favor? Can you go buy a NY-style pizza with onions and pepperoni, tape the box shut and mail it in this direction? :)
GS since you are such a good guy I would totally do that for you, however I think your pizza would be on the lunchroom table at aduana as soon as it would get into their claws.....they would probably complian it didn't have enough cheese on it though. You can actually eek out a NY style pepperoni pizza in Bs As, get an Ugi's pizza, buy a sausage / salami called "cantimpalo" slice it really thin and bake it on top of an Ugi's pizza, you will be surprised how close you get to the real thing!

Davidglen77,

what happened to the apartment(s), you owned? All sold?

David, you are one of my all-time favorite forum members. I'm still bummed I had to miss that one coffee chat you hosted, because I never got to meet you in person. I was in NYC recently and you popped into my head, actually. I had such a great time there, and I wasn't even on vacation. There's nothing like heading to the subway every day to be in Midtown by 8 a.m. pursuing a dream to feel you're in THE city where anything is possible. That energy was contagious and I have to say, I've never felt anything like that anywhere else. At the same time, I experienced and observed some things that helped me to understand why so many ex New Yorkers come to Buenos Aires and appreciate it so much. They are both very different, very special cities.

I've got less than 48 hours in BA myself. I hope you come back and tell us how things are going! Eat a bagel for me (for all of us!)

we'll miss you David! ... hope you stay in the forums :) and best of luck!!
ps: going to alcapurria-land in a week. will b thinking of you as I indulge ;)

Welcome back to the hometown! Stay in touch with us. Dontmindme, you are leaving too? !

Welcome back to the hometown! Stay in touch with us. Dontmindme, you are leaving too? !

That I am, tomorrow morning bright and early! Really leaving forever this time, I am almost positive. I've said that before, but this time I really can't imagine anything that would bring me or my husband back to BA for anything other than a short vacation. I've had a lump in my throat all weekend.

Best of luck! It's never easy leaving, even when you want to. It was great meeting you at the Bookclub and having your participation. Big hug!

Back