Back to work...and the baby?

bseabrooke

Registered
Hi Guys

I'm thinking about starting work here which would mean sending the wee one who's just turning one to kindergarten.

I live in Belgrano but will be working in microcentro so would probably want a kindergarten closer to work.

I just wanted general advice from people especially about prices for a full time recommended kindergarten to see if its worth my while.

Thanks for all your help as usual :)

bseabrooke said:
Hi Guys

I'm thinking about starting work here which would mean sending the wee one who's just turning one to kindergarten.

I live in Belgrano but will be working in microcentro so would probably want a kindergarten closer to work.

I just wanted general advice from people especially about prices for a full time recommended kindergarten to see if its worth my while.

Thanks for all your help as usual :)

Current price for the one my son attends is 1800 per month. This is 9-5 and includes lunch. My son is 3 and I imagine a baby of 1 would be some 30% less. It's in Caballito.

thankyou, can I ask what kindergarden it is? is it bilingual? would you recommend it?

bseabrooke said:
thankyou, can I ask what kindergarden it is? is it bilingual? would you recommend it?

For sure. Its Tierra de Aventuras (see them on Youtube here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKr5R7t2ITs

Not bilingual as we deliberately wanted full immersion for our children since they speak English and Swedish at home. It's a very ordinary looking place but they adore and have adored our children like their own. I don't think they are unique in this - it's an Argentinean thing and I doubt you will be disappointed in any jardin you chose. Just one thought re jardin near home or work. I originally thought one near work was a good idea too but having looked at options in the micro center I wasnt impressed and chose one nearer home. 6 months later we moved office to a different part of the center and I was then so glad I had picked the one near home as it meant not having to change the jardin - most reports stress that the constancy of childcare is as important as the quality.
My only other tip is to pound the streets and see a good number of places during working hours so you get a feel for what you like. Good luck with the choice and hope someone else has some good recommendations in your area or the center.

I don't have a recommendation for centro but my friend's daughters go to the jardin on LM Campos and Maure in Belgrano and they love it. We've been to a few events there to see the girls do their "productions" and the teachers seemed fantastic and the girls are very happy.

Back