Bahia Blanca

Hello:

I moved about 1 year ago from the USA to Bahia Blanca with my 2 kids and husband. It's very rare to find expats coming here, particularly to Bahia as most move to Buenos Aires (Capital Federal). Adjusting has been a process. I experienced a huge culture shock for the first few months, but now that I am working it has helped me adjust to the culture. People here are really nice and welcoming to foreigners, and the food is great. There are pros and cons like in any place, but it is a different way of life, more lay back, I would say. I still miss the USA, though, I can't deny that. It will always be my home, but for now Bahia is the place where we are living and we are trying to make the best of it. If you have children, it would be great if they can get together to play. My story is one of a kind. I will send you a personal message so we can keep in touch and you can ask any questions you may have. I hope I can be of help to you.

JP

hello eveybody,

i am sorry for replying so late- we are in holiday and didnt have internet so far. Thats why know it also will just be a short note because i am only sitting in a cafe.

fitst of all, thanks a lot for all your messages and advices. I really appreciate it!!!
then..

@ jantango: i never expected someon to drop their plans or come for my/our rescue neither do we need that. we have lived in more dangerous and difficult places befote and came along without any help. But, of course it is nice and helpful to get dome advice/notes on a place before. Especially because we have never been in Argentina. My experience with other Expats overall is good and positive and i often get some helpful advic and even more often gave it by myself as i was usually the one being there already. Anyway, what i wanted to say is...i/we love to meet people and communicate with others and it is nice to help each other and exchange experience. I never expect anyone to drop anything and also do not think that my questions are that important to do so. I just think it is nice to get in touch with each other and of course i am happy to hear other peoples experience as well.

Have a nice day

@germano: thank you very much :) I will let you know and am happy to meet :)

If you watch NBA basketball, Manu Ginobili from Spurs is from Bahia Blanca, a small port city.
Where everyone in town knows about, and most Argies in BsAs knows about him.

If you watch NBA basketball, Manu Ginobili from Spurs is from Bahia Blanca, a small port city.
Where everyone in town knows about, and most Argies in BsAs knows about him.

I wouldn't call Bahía Blanca "small." I've not spent a lot of time there, but I find the downtown plaza very attractive, and the Museo del Puerto at Ingeniero White really deserves a visit.

LAWoman: how could you ignore jantango's conclusion?

But seriously: enjoy your new life in Argentina. I am sure you will like it! Also: if you are ever near Mendoza - let me know and we can get together for a Kaffee & Kuchen.

thank you very much :) I will let you know and am happy to meet :)

I read your previous thread asking for advice whether or not you should move there. I came to the conclusion it wasn't a good idea, but you've decided to go ahead with plans. And that's your decision.

Don't expect people to come to your rescue because you're ready to panic. People have their own lives and can't drop everything to take care of answering your questions.

You've made a move before. It's a new adventure. Prepare to learn from it. You and your husband made the decision so make the best of it.

Hi jantago,

maybe I did use the wrong words- of course i never expected someone to drop their plans or come for my/our rescue neither do we need that. we have lived in more dangerous and difficult places befote and came along without any help. But, of course it is nice and helpful to get dome advice/notes on a place before. Especially because we have never been in Argentina. My experience with other Expats overall is good and positive and i often get some helpful advic and even more often gave it by myself as i was usually the one being there already. Anyway, what i wanted to say is...i/we love to meet people and communicate with others and it is nice to help each other and exchange experience. I never expect anyone to drop anything and also do not think that my questions are that important to do so. I just think it is nice to get in touch with each other and of course i am happy to hear other peoples experience as well.

Of course we are making the best out of it as we always do. We are very much looking forward to go to Bahia and have many new and different experiences and meeting new people.

Back