Ballet length at Teatro Colon?

mtnsandsea

Registered
I'm wondering how long the performances are at Teatro Colon. I don't speak Spanish well and haven't had luck finding this out directly. I can guess, but I have to plan some things around a sitter, so would like to have a more concrete idea. Anyone know?

It will depend on the actual production. If you are reluctant to ask at the box office as you buy your ticket, try an internet search for equivalent productions elsewhere. For instance, the McMillan choreography of Romeo and Juliet ran for approximately 2hrs 50mts with 2 intervals in New York. Intervals tend to be shorter here but it still makes for a reasonable estimate.

Depends on which ballet, and which version, but almost all classical repertoire ballets are between 2 and 3 hours. Giselle is one of the shortest ones at two acts and around 2 hours and 15 minutes (including intermissions), whereas The Sleepikg Beauty or Raymonda are amongst the longest and most versions are close to 3 hours.

One thing to consider when you go to a performance at Teatro Colón is that it might not always start on time. Expect a 5-10 minute delay, because Argentina.

Very good points. Thank you!
Ballets are scheduled for 12 performances. The performance on a Sunday afternoon is live streamed. The same is true for opera. You can stay home with your child and not worry about the time. I invited my sister to join me watching a recent ballet live stream, and she lives in the US. We both studied and attended ballet performances in our youth. The city is making it possible for the concerts, operas, and ballets to reach a world-wide audience by live streaming Sunday performances. These outstanding performances are FREE. Nabucco was fantastic.

The camera work is excellent and better than being seated in one of the balconies far from the stage when you can see the dancers' expressions on a computer screen or television.

FYI...I went to see the ballet at the Teatro Colon tonight (Carmen). It started at 8 PM and was done by 10 PM.

FYI...I went to see the ballet at the Teatro Colon tonight (Carmen). It started at 8 PM and was done by 10 PM.

Yup, but that’s not a classical repertoire ballet, it’s a contemporary dance version by Jiri Kylian. Contemporary dance programs are shorter.

Back