Banco Piano

CarverFan

Registered
Has anyone here used Banco Piano to make a substantial dollar transfer from here to the US?

Any other recommendations for a bank to use under these circumstances would be welcome. This is for a non-resident btw.

what amount would you like to transfer?

maybe we can help each other.

send me a pm.

This would be dollars transferred from Argentina to US, not money coming in.

It is the best bank to use to tranfer money or any other transaction. I have used it for years withot any problem.

I used banco piano when I bought my apt here and had to do the transfer!

Thanks guys, but I am only looking for answers from those who have transferred money FROM Argentina to another country.

I used Banco Piano to transfer a substantial sum to another country. I gave the order one month ago and it has still not arrived. Banco Piano did not even know that the money was missing until I told them. Since then, they have told me three times that the transfer was made, each time on a different date, and each time it did not arrive. The manager does not reply to emails.

It turns out that Banco Piano cannot transfer money to a foreign account itself. It gives an order to an intermediary bank, which means that Banco Piano does not actually know when your transfer will be made. They do not even have a direct contact with the FX department of the intermediary bank.

I now have a copy of the swift and the beneficiary bank can trace the money, so hopefully I will never have to deal with Banco Piano again.

Kookaburra - I talked to someone else that said the same thing that it took over a month to get their funds. Sounds scary.

What kind of rate did Banco Piano charge you to send the funds out of Argentina? The rate at the blue casa de cambios is sky high now to send funds out so curious what they charged you.

Hopefully they will agree to waive some of their fees since it took so long but I doubt it being Argentina. Keep us posted.

Kookaburra said:
I used Banco Piano to transfer a substantial sum to another country.

What country, if it is not a secret? Some unusual location?

Kookaburra said:
It turns out that Banco Piano cannot transfer money to a foreign account itself. It gives an order to an intermediary bank ...

This is a standard situation. Only big international banks can do it without an intermediary. Back in 2008 WAMU was the sixth largest bank in the USA and it routed international wires either through HSBC or through Wells Fargo.

But I agree, this kind of delay is unacceptable.

Back