Bank Account Recommendations And Fees

I hope it´s okay to jump on this thread with a similiar yet different question.

I have my CUIL and I have my precaria, just waiting on my DNI now. I read somewhere (maybe here http://www.notilogia...nmigrantes.html) that with the CUIL I could open an account--at least with a public bank.

However, I went to Santander (which I know is not public but I was told to try anyway), Banco Nacion, and Galicia to look into it and was told that I cannot without residencia permanente or a DNI.

Should I waste my time trying Banco Provincia or is there another out there that someone actually knows will allow me to open an account with the CUIL and no DNI? Thanks in advance for the tips :)

According to a post Dr. Rubilar (aka bajo_cero2) made in January of this year, permanent residency is now a requisite to open a bank account in Argentina.

If Banco Nacion won't open an account for a foreigner without permanent residency, it is highly unlikely any other bank will.

if anyone with temporary residency has been able to open an account with any Argentine bank in 2017, I hope they will post about it here.

According to a post Dr. Rubilar (aka bajo_cero2) made in January of this year, permanent residency is now a requisite to open a bank account in Argentina.

If Banco Nacion won't open an account for a foreigner without permanent residency, it is highly unlikely any other bank will.

if anyone with temporary residency has been able to open an account with any Argentine bank in 2017, I hope they will post about it here.

I was able to open an account in Banco Patagonia in February 2017 with my passport, precaria and CUIT. They took time and it was not straightforward. But I didn't give up. Now I have a fully functional account (for both peso and dollar) and a debit card.

Banco Itau was told me they could open an account with a CUIL or CUIT.

I was able to open an account in Banco Patagonia last February with my passport, precaria and CUIT. They took time and it was not straightforward. But I didn't give up. Now I have a fully functional account (for both peso and dollar) and a debit card.

Banco Itau was told me they could open an account with a CUIL or CUIT.

That's great news. At which branch of Banco Patagonia were you able to open the account?

PS: Does "last February" mean 2017?

Yes, corrected it. It was February 2017 :)

I opened the account in Rosario. However it seemed to me that I could have done it more easily if I were in BsAs

Guess it depends on the bank Executive, branch, etc. if you own properties etc may be a plus if you only have precaria. Also outside CABA may be different.

Guess it depends on the bank Executive, branch, etc. if you own properties etc may be a plus if you only have precaria. Also outside CABA may be different.

I don't own any property here in Argentina, but I submitted to them the temporary contract of the apartment I am living in and one utility bill (fibertel) in my name.

The fact is most banks can open an account without a DNI. They simply don't want to do the extra work. It doesn't depend on branches because the papers are sent to the head office in CABA before they can do anything. Yes, you have to be lucky though to come across a friendly bank executive who is willing to help you through.

My personal experience says that everything is easier in CABA for an extranjero.

Hi again everyone, so I've arrived in Argentina and I'll be here for a few weeks to see how things are before finalising my move here. In terms of banking fees I've called a couple (Galicia, Provincia, HSBC, Santander) and it seems that all of them charge exorbitant fees for receiving wire transfers from abroad - something in the range of 50-100USD. Is this fee the same/similar for all banks and have I been asking the correct thing (cuanto cuesta recibir un orden del pago desde el exterior)?

Thanks!

Greetings from Patagonia! Prior to leaving the USA, I took the advice of many here and opened a charles schwab. I had phoned Citi/Santander/HSBC branches in the US and was told that those US accounts had nothing to do with the Argentina branches.

Hi again everyone, so I've arrived in Argentina and I'll be here for a few weeks to see how things are before finalising my move here. In terms of banking fees I've called a couple (Galicia, Provincia, HSBC, Santander) and it seems that all of them charge exorbitant fees for receiving wire transfers from abroad - something in the range of 50-100USD. Is this fee the same/similar for all banks and have I been asking the correct thing (cuanto cuesta recibir un orden del pago desde el exterior)?

Thanks!

Matt , you can send money direct to your account in Argentina from your UK account by using Small World Financial Services.

Back