Bank Fraud Lawyer Advice

Brian_is_here

Registered
We moved some money (not a lot) recently from abroad and we recently had it stolen out of our Argentine accounts.

We've opened a case with the bank who found no bank fault (but their security policies are a joke).

Does anyone have any advice on a lawyer who can say the right things to get the bank to settle up their poor security policies?

Details i'm are a bit private and I'd rather not discuss super publicly. We're mostly looking for someone with experience in the law world over next steps.

Details i'm are a bit private and I'd rather not discuss super publicly. We're mostly looking for someone with experience in the law world over next steps.

Why pay a lawyer to make a claim (denuncia) on your behalf when you can do it yourself without charge?

In a previous thread about a problem with a bank, Nikad provided this link:

Last edited:
I’m a lawyer and I agree with Nikad ans Steve.
If this does not work out then you need a lawyer for a criminal denunciation plus to recover the money and to fine the Bank at Contencioso Administrativo Federal (where litigation against the State happends, because you money is ensuranced by Central Bank).

Thanks banks there are a joke. I have an HSBC account in Argentina and I'm even a Premier client. I've had my account for many years. A month before COVID hit, my account stopped working. No email, no phone call. The only way I found out about it was I was paying a bill and it didn't work. I had both peso and US dollar account with about $6,000 US dollars in it.

I emailed my account manager and she said that they closed it as I haven't used the debit card in a long time. HUH? I used my account every month to pay bills so this is a strange explanation. They said I needed to come to Buenos Aires to get the funds out personally. Due to COVID, I haven't been able to get to Argentina yet. But the banks there are a joke.

I f I were you, I would file a lawsuit IN THE USA agains that bank. They will do the outmost to avoid it, maybe they will refund the money right away to avoid the scandal.

I f I were you, I would file a lawsuit IN THE USA agains that bank. They will do the outmost to avoid it, maybe they will refund the money right away to avoid the scandal.

This probably wouldn't work. Banks here are separate legal entities regulated by a foreign authority. I heard people who had local Citibank accounts back in 2000 tried to sue Citibank USA arguing the banks have "close connection". It didn't work either.

Last edited:
Back