Bank transfer hasn't arrived after 3 weeks

Request a copy of the submitted initial transfer form from the person who initiated the transfer. If you have any instruction like "for further credit to" that can often cause problems if the person doesn't know how to complete the form.

My friend the Banker informs me that when funds are transferred overseas to a nonexisting account the funds automatically return to the originating account. However if the funds are credited to somebody else's account the beneficiary must consent to the debit. ?

Get a written or digital proof of the transfer and contact the Comercio Exterior section at the Bank to trace it, they will probably find it and ask the recipient to fill out a form and come in person to the Bank Branch.

If the name or account number of the beneficiary on the transfer form don`t match the name of the actual account holder, the funds are normally returned within 2 to 3 days. I am guessing the problem lies in Argentina as Argentine bank employees are often incompetent, arrogant and indifferent. That includes management. I hope the advice above about contactin Comercio Exterior helps. If not, some one here will be able to tell you how to resolve the problem at the government department which handles consumer affairs. The only other concern I have is whether the money is being delayed by the US until proof is provided as to the source of funds. If that turns out to be the case, that will be easy to prove. Good luck !

If the name or account number of the beneficiary on the transfer form don`t match the name of the actual account holder, the funds are normally returned within 2 to 3 days. I am guessing the problem lies in Argentina as Argentine bank employees are often incompetent, arrogant and indifferent. That includes management. I hope the advice above about contactin Comercio Exterior helps. If not, some one here will be able to tell you how to resolve the problem at the government department which handles consumer affairs. The only other concern I have is whether the money is being delayed by the US until proof is provided as to the source of funds. If that turns out to be the case, that will be easy to prove. Good luck !

First of all, good news: the money arrived Friday after over three weeks delay. This was after repeated calls to numerous bank employees. The problem was 100% on the Argentine end. Everything that you said about bank employees in Argentina applied in this case: incompetent, arrogant and indifferent. Also lazy. Not a single apology. This just points out that even a legal, authorized international transfer through a major bank can go wrong. In the US you can easily get through to the bank manager but in Argentina that's very hard - everything is left up to careless underlings.

First of all, good news: the money arrived Friday after over three weeks delay. This was after repeated calls to numerous bank employees. The problem was 100% on the Argentine end. Everything that you said about bank employees in Argentina applied in this case: incompetent, arrogant and indifferent. Also lazy. Not a single apology. This just points out that even a legal, authorized international transfer through a major bank can go wrong. In the US you can easily get through to the bank manager but in Argentina that's very hard - everything is left up to careless underlings.
I wonder whether Argentina has credit unions? In Canada and some other countries, people use credit unions as opposed to banks. They are owned by the clients and offer most services that banks offer, but do it better.

Problem has been solved.

In Argentina, phone calls count for nothing - solving problems require a personal touch. Marching into the bank and demanding to see the manager is the only way to get service.

Twice I've had missing deposits in US banks, and no one apologized, either. IMHO, banks all over the world give lousy service.

Back