Banking tips

qwerty said:
You can bring more, you only need to explain where you get it from if you get caught. Change your money you bring with you to 500 euro bills, if you bring 20 of them you have about 13000 dollar and it's highly unlikely they will find it. I guess up to like 50 bills would still be easy. Just have them on you and not in your luggage(theft!!!!)

Don't tell anybody as well that you have that kind of cash and take a cab from the airport to your apparment or hotel

That would just make me a nervous wreck. I've had to walk around Buenos Aires with nearly $2,500 USD for a rental payment, and I was scared to death the entire time. :eek: ha!

One general bank tip I have, especially useful when calling the 0800 numbers is to ask to speak to someone in English, work for me with Citi at least. Even though I have decent Spanish I always find them more willing to help if I speak to them in English. You would be surprised how quickly the level of service increases.

niceguypaddy said:
One general bank tip I have, especially useful when calling the 0800 numbers is to ask to speak to someone in English, work for me with Citi at least. Even though I have decent Spanish I always find them more willing to help if I speak to them in English. You would be surprised how quickly the level of service increases.

By the same token, when dealing with American companies ask to talk to someone who speaks Spanish - that way you won't get stuck with someone who only has memorized enough English sentences to brush off callers.

Back