Bariloche Long-Term Rental Website

Altitude said:
So what are the internet connection options? Is it all stricly DSL through the local phone provider? And is this secure, fast, reliable enough for someone to work with all day, every day?

Your options are:
www.telecom.com.ar up to 5 Mb connection
www.telefonica.com.ar up to 5 Mb connection

Both are secure, fast and reliable

So Jez & Nicole - what area(s) of Bariloche would you recommend considering we are hoping for the following:

1) Access to some good, private schools that have English as a curriculum
2) Rental house with some decent space between us and neighbors, in the $1,000 to $2,000/month (US dollars) range. This would rule out some of the golf course communities we looked at already such as Arelaquen
3) Not completely stuck out in the middle of nowhere, still close enough to town, but not on top of others as we are now here in Colorado.
4) Low crime (I realize nowhere in the world in 100% safe).

Seems like the Kilometros, Llao Llao and Valle Escondido all seem like good options.....thoughts?

Altitude said:
So Jez & Nicole - what area(s) of Bariloche would you recommend considering we are hoping for the following:

1) Access to some good, private schools that have English as a curriculum
2) Rental house with some decent space between us and neighbors, in the $1,000 to $2,000/month (US dollars) range. This would rule out some of the golf course communities we looked at already such as Arelaquen
3) Not completely stuck out in the middle of nowhere, still close enough to town, but not on top of others as we are now here in Colorado.
4) Low crime (I realize nowhere in the world in 100% safe).

Seems like the Kilometros, Llao Llao and Valle Escondido all seem like good options.....thoughts?

Bariloche has about 140,000 inhabitants (census 2010) so don't expect the options you would get in Buenos Aires, it has a small town feel. I think English is taught at all schools but for Bilingual schools try this one: http://www.spatricio.com.ar/ its on KM5, I think if there were any others they would be in the centre...?

I live in the centre so can't comment on living out of town, but if you had to send the kids to school on the bus from LLao Llao to the centre it's about a 50 minute journey.

Once you get past KM 17/18 it is like being in the middle of nowhere (for me at least). The spacing of housing here is better than it was in Florida, I don't know how it is in Colorado. Around Km 7 or 8 is the neighborhood of Pinar de Festa. It is a good nieghrbood, just past that is a really nice neighborhood, but I don't know the name of it. On Km 11 is Casa de Piedra.I think they have bigger lots. Good neighborhood. The grocery stores are around Km 13.
As far as private schools. They are all in spanish & teach English. I have 1 son, 8 years old in a private school (Siglo XXI) It's the cheaper of the private schools, but it is really good & he is doing very well there. Most of the private schools are all day until 4pm. Siglo XXI is until 12:35 & 2:15 on T & Th. We interviewed at San Patricio as well but ended up choosing the other. San Patricio is a good school & it is in th Km's. We have another son, 4, who is going to a public school & even though he barely speaks any spanish at all, he is doing well. Bariloche is a GREAT place to raise kids.

ok, my husband just informed me that we are not in the middle of nowhere, that I am just crazy : ) Can't help it, I come from South Florida.

Nicole_Ramirez said:
ok, my husband just informed me that we are not in the middle of nowhere, that I am just crazy : ) Can't help it, I come from South Florida.

I suppose that's totally relative to where you're from, right? To some, it could seem completely small-town and in the middle of nowhere, to others it could seem like a metropolis. I've seen both - grew up in Iowa and moved to Denver and I can say without hesitation I'm ready to move back to something smaller and less hectic.

Back