Bariloche Long Term Rentals Available

steveinbsas said:
RWS, Is that a quote of lyrics from the song "Dixie?"
How far south would you "move?"
Spot on, Steve. 'Best I could do for the idea of a southward move, not having had comparable lyrics come to mind in Spanish.

I've the Cono Sur in mind, but at the moment -- enduring a New England winter with temperatures dipping to -26º or -27º C. even without factoring in wind chill -- Dixieland doesn't look too bad either.

soulskier,
could you please send me a PM....and any fly fishing info, as well.

I wanted to say gracias for all of those who inquired. There are still a few great homes still available if anyone wants to live in Patagonia for awhile.

steveinbsas said:
Does this signify a downturn in tourism and the return on investments?

Is it time to panic?

Should we bail out...or ask for one?

Or just continue to enjoy life...short that it is?

There is quite a downturn in tourism. I have a friend who found a fabulous house on the lake in Bariloche on Craigslist for around US$600.00 for a month.

I myself came back from Ushuaia and El Calafate a couple of months ago. I did not even reserve my hotel rooms in advance. I went in person and I think I got really good deals. Everywhere I went, from the hotels to the taxi drivers, people who work in tourism told me how slow business is.

It is a great time to score some great deals!

RC, have your friend contact me if they want help getting their house rented. Something isn't correct if they can't get US$600/month for a lakefront.

soulskier said:
RC, have your friend contact me if they want help getting their house rented. Something isn't correct if they can't get US$600/month for a lakefront.

Huh? I mentionned a friend who did rent a house on the lake in Bariloche that she found on Craigslist for US$600.00 This was during the warmer season. By now, prices should be much lower.

Back