Bariloche

cujodu

Registered
We just got back from Bariloche. Although the 20 hour bus trip each way was murderous, Bariloche was spectacular. I would highly recommend a visit. The apartment we rented I can't say enough good things about, it was just meters from the lakeshore near Llao Llao, and, as was the case for me, if you're seeking a vacation of absolute silence save for the sound of the lake and a few birds flying by, this place cannot be beat. The link to the apartment:

http://www.villallaollao.com.ar/

They have 2 properties, one up higher and one by the lake which is also the owners' residence. We stayed in the apartment on the lake, it's 1 BR with kitchen, bath, living room and with views looking directly onto the lake. The owners are meticulous in the information they provide about excursions, restaurants, stores. Anyway, I give it 5 stars, I can't recommend it enough.

Also I recommend the chair lift to Cerro Campanario over the others, it's $25 pesos where the others are $50 and the views from the top are breathtaking. I read that National Geographic refers to it as one of the 7 most beautiful views in the world.

Restaurant recommendation: El Boliche de Alberto, couple of locations for pasta, it was yummy.

Chocolate: Mamuschka, hands down winner.

My Argentine friends told me people were friendlier outside of BA Province. Unfortunately, I didn't find that, but with the peace and quiet, I wasn't looking for converstaion

Glad Ro and Po took good care of you. We bought their old property across the street. Suerte!

Are you the one's from St. Louis? I'm originally from Kansas City and they said some people from StL had bought a property by them.

hey, just wanted to say that soulskier's place was really great. we used it a while ago and had a great time.

also, for cujodu, your trip sounds awesome, el cerro is beautiful, but next time do yourself a favor and fly! ive done that bus trip before and it is terrible. the last time i went we flied and i had a much better time at the beginning part of my trip. i arrived refreshed and ready to explore!

Cheers!

BsAs4U said:
also, for cujodu, your trip sounds awesome, el cerro is beautiful, but next time do yourself a favor and fly! ive done that bus trip before and it is terrible. the last time i went we flied and i had a much better time at the beginning part of my trip. i arrived refreshed and ready to explore!

Cheers!

Well, the only reason we took the bus is because it was $500 ARG roundtrip and the flight was $400 USD roundtrip. I think the difference paid for almost everything on the trip.

Back