battered women

Redgirl, I just arrived in Buenos Aires and don´t even have a place to stay yet, but if I can help you in any way please send me a message and I´ll see what I can do. You´ll get out of this situation soon....be brave and strong. We are all with you.

Annita

French jurist said:
Is it the same as the 137 ?

What is 137? I have a friend who is having some serious psychological problems and has just broken up with her abusive boyfriend and has a history of suicide attempts.

I'm really worried about her but the level of her issues is way beyond what I can help her with. I would like to get her in touch ASAP with an organization that can help her, find her a place to live and give her some emergency counseling.

Citygirl,

The 137 is dedicated to battered women and they have psychologist teams operating 24/7.

Here you'll have any interesting phone numbers
http://www.vivirsinviolencia.gov.ar/ctros.html

As for your friend (does she speak Spanish ?), maybe can she call them or another number on the page.

If she has : serious psy problems + was abused by her boyfriend + has an history of suicide attempts then she needs to be monitored, in some way, 24 hours a day.
Many suicides are usually just SOS calls but some of those failed attempts can make serious damages (like eating two boxes of aspirin pills can make an hole in your stomach... Hopefully, usually boxes are dosed so that even if you eat one full box you won't die. Too, you can die indirectly : eating sleeping pills, falling asleep, and vomitting while you're asleep and getting drowned that way. Serious issues).

Most of the Consulates have too a social branch (hoping it's not a "bozo" in charge).

What else ? She really need professional counseling, non professional ones could make more harm than good.

Thank you for the information. It's a long, sad story and yes, she needs professional help.

I am getting in touch with her now to give her all the information. Thank you so much.

The phone numbers 135 and 137 are valid in Capital Federal, I am not sure if they will be able to help your friend out if she lives in provincia. However they will provide orientation in that case. As for a safe place where to stay, I may suggest www.couchsurfing.com. Or the church provided in previous posts of this thread.

Best luck!

Roxana

Back