BBC Game Show casting tomorrow (April 17th)

Napoleon

Registered
I was in the Plaza de Mayo and a woman approached me and my group of English speakers to tell us that she frantically needs contestants for a BBC game show that starts filming on Monday.

She said that the prize is £10,000 (£10.000 for the Brits). But CASTING IS SATURDAY APRIL 17TH!!

She said that the plane of contestants was supposed to come from London tonight (landing tomorrow), but the ash cloud from Iceland scratched that plan.

So if this story is true, then someone could win some money. But I obviously don't know the lady, so figure out what you can and make your own decision. And I'm not British, so I can't enter.

25252_433112587537_567077537_5613294_3452552_n.jpg

25252_433112592537_567077537_5613295_30713_n.jpg

And a British friend found this online:

101 Ways To Leave A Gameshow is a new BBC1 quiz hosted by Steve Jones and made by the producers of Total Wipeout. Combining general knowledge trivia and high flying adrenaline experiences this show is like nothing on TV at the moment. There's also a chance of winning £10,000!

We are holding a casting meeting at our apartments tomorrow, Sat 17th April at 3pm. This is a chance for our producers to meet you properly and for you to find out more about the filming process. The address is Noa Noa lofts, Bonpland 1549, Palermo Hollywood. Please find attached an application form for you to look over, but don't worry too much about filling it all in, we can do that tomorrow with you!

Contestants must have UK residency and be 18 years or over to take part. Please bring along some ID tomorrow. You need to be available for filming from Mon 19th until Fri 23rd April for filming in a location 50 minutes from Buenos Aires. Accomodation, meals and some money for show clothes is provided and you are required to pass a medical if you are to take part. We are providing a bus tomorrow from the apartments at 4pm to take anyone who is interested to the Doctor's; as I'm sure you are aware we need to get things in place before Monday! You should probably be done by approx. 6pm and we will let you know on Sunday if you are successful.

We really appreciate you guys stepping in at such short notice, please spread the word if you are not able to take part and call us on the numbers below to confirm your attendance or with any questions, any time.

We look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

The 101 Team

I actually think this is totally genuine. I was emailed a few months back about this, and was sent an application form. They were looking for substitute contestants from the UK ex-pat community, in case anyone from the UK dropped out at the last minute.

Obviously they didn't foresee the Volcanoe, which probably means NONE of the UK based contestants can make it. Due to the fact I am not from the UK (Irish) I didn't bother sending the form back - But I think they might be desperate now :)

Liam3494 said:
I actually think this is totally genuine. I was emailed a few months back about this, and was sent an application form. They were looking for substitute contestants from the UK ex-pat community, in case anyone from the UK dropped out at the last minute.

Obviously they didn't foresee the Volcanoe, which probably means NONE of the UK based contestants can make it. Due to the fact I am not from the UK (Irish) I didn't bother sending the form back - But I think they might be desperate now :)

i think your probably right... with no flights out of the uk for the next wee while and the fact they're supposed to start filming on monday... they'll be wanting to start filming asap.

we've got them in a desperate situation. I say we start bargaining. Mwuhahaha...

"10k top prize, you say? I don't get out of bed for less than twenty!!"

esllou said:
we've got them in a desperate situation. I say we start bargaining. Mwuhahaha...

"10k top prize, you say? I don't get out of bed for less than twenty!!"

how about getting a decent appearance fee? 10k top prize? how about a 5k appearance fee first!

Back