BBQ this Sunday (9/20)?

Hi David

I'm def up for it, will keep fingers crossed for no rain... You mentioned on another thread that the 29 goes from San Telmo to bbq land. What's the address?

Cheers
Clare

Hi David,

Please count me in and a friend! Anyone need a ride from Plaza Italia let me know.

I look forward to sunday,
Steve y Stef

Hi David,

I remember your generosity form last time. It would be great to come over again.
Chris (the French guy)

Hi Dave,
Is this kid friendly, may I bring my 9 yr old son? If not I will come alone. Thank you for hosting this and providing an opportunity to meet new people.

Cheri

Hello folks, I live in the Recoleta and would love to share a cab with 1 or two others to go to Dave's on Sunday the 20th. Should be about 10 pesos each for a quick trip. Please call Judithe @ 4803-8509 or 15-3647-8700

Jeff and I are going to try to make it - if you promise sunshine!

Hi CaptDave,
Our family just arrived on Tuesday and I stumbled upon the baexpats site and saw that you are having a bbq on Sunday. We have 2 children 8 yr and 11yr living in the Cabillito. We are all interested in joining you tomorrow if appropriate.
If so, I will stay posted for the details.
Looking forward to meeting some fun expats!:)
Devra

Hey guys!

Sounds like a good turnout tomorrow - Cool!
Here's some answers...

Where is the bbq?
The house is in Vicente Lopez, the first neighborhood north after Nunez.
Gaspar Campos 121
*Directions to the house

There is a printable map, with taxi instructions in spanish, at:
http://www.davidelkus.com/map.html
and another one, perhaps clearer but without instructions at:
http://www.terrazadelnorte.com/eng/ubicac.html

A cab from Palermo should be about 20 pesos - split 2 or 3 ways that ain't too bad.

You can also take any one of a number of buses. The 29 (be SURE to only take the one that says "Olivos") comes down Libertador through Belgrano/Nunez and passes under the Lugones/Grnl. Paz overpass. A few blocks later it crosses LaPrida (right after the big Carrafour in Vicente Lopez.)
Cross the RR track, walk up the hill 3 blocks (on LaPrida), turn left on Gaspar Campos (house # is 121.)

There are several buses that run down Cabildo/Maipu (Av. Santa Fe turns into Cabildo in Palermo, which then becomes Maipu as it enters Vicente Lopez).
You can take any 152, 161, 59 (there are a few others as well, if you're handy with the Guia T) - they all stop at Maipu and LaPrida (about 3 blocks after you go under the overpass the marks the boundary of Vicente Lopez, at the 5000 block of Cabildo.)
Walk down the hill on LaPrida about 4 blocks, and turn right on Gaspar Campos to #121

The train from Retiro (the one that goes to Tigre) also comes close. Get off at Rividavia (4th stop, next after Nunez) and continue walking along the tracks in the direction the train was going until you get to LaPrida. Turn left, walk up the hill a couple blocks to Gaspar Campos, turn left and find #121 at the end of the block!

My cell phone is
15 4048 4297 if you want better instructions (or get lost...)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this kid friendly, may I bring my child/children?

You may bring your children, although be prepared to supervise them pretty carefully.

I think I speak for most of the guests when I say most people would probably prefer an "adults-only" crowd.
The house is NOT particularly kid friendly, and these are pretty much grown-up events, so decide with that in mind.

What can I/should I bring?

I will supply the burgers and fixin's for everyone who has RSVP'd.

All I ask is that you bring your own beverage (soda/beer/wine/whatever), perhaps just a tad more then you will drink yourself.
Other contributions are appreciated, but not required. In the past some folks have brought salads, cakes/pies (homemade and storebought), cookies, cheeses, etc. - all of which were appreciated and pretty much devoured

I'm looking forward to meeting you all - hope you all make it!

Saludos,

David

Back