Beach Holiday Recommendations?

ticktock

Registered
Hi -

My live in slave/girlfriend has just informed me that she would like to go to the beach for xmas. I have searched the net for beach resorts here in Argentina and the ones I am looking at look a bit ropey to say the least.

Has anyone been anywhere that they could recommend? It does not have to necessarily be in Argentina but the closer the better.

We lived in Singapore prior to Argentina so we would regularly go to Phuket, Thailand or Boracay in the Philippines. It would be great if we could find something this side of the world on par. I don't really want to spend more than 7000 $ USD so anywhere to far away will iron out most of my budget on flights.

All help appreciated

No beaches around here and I personally am not a fan of Punta. Go to Brasil - better beaches, better weather, more fun.

Brazil, mexico or columbia. Even the better resorts here will have cold water. We went to Buzios last year, popular resort fo argentines. We both had a great time.

Another vote for Buzios and Angra dos reis...easy to get to and great beaches never mind interesting restaurant choices when you're there....

Uruguay has nice beaches, avoid punte del este unless you want to spend a fortune and be surrounded by rich argies.

Uruguay has always had better beaches than Argentina. I ll start there. Punta del Este or Rocha (La Paloma, La Pedrera, Punta del Diablo) If you like Argentina I can only recommend Cariló, but the Rio de la Plata brings the sediment and the dust to this side of the river, keeping Uruguay beaches cleaner and with a differennce of colour (blue not brown).
Plus, Uruguay is by far the safest spot in Latin America, basically because the lack of population.

Uruguay is great, though I would avoid Punta (it is like Miami, so if you like Miami you should go). If you have a car there are tons of beaches to explore, some are very deserted. Water is super clean. I went to a beach town (La Paloma) that isn´t glamourous but very popular, but there were maybe only 50-100 people on the public beach I went to. No music playing, just silence.
I haven´t been but I´ve heard great things about Peru´s beaches, and you will get to eat yummy food.

In Argentina, great beaches dont exist. Especially if your used to Thailand, Boracay etc. As people mention, you will get something better in Uruguay. If not, Brazil or Colombia would be your best bets.

in argentina try looking at mar de las pampas/mar azul. much much nicer than anywhere else in argentina.

I would avoid Argentina "beaches", they're wall to wall people and are nothing like Thai beaches. The water is also really cold and murky! Your best bet that's relatively nearby is Brazil or Easter Island.

Back