Best Beaches / Closest?

Samra2

Registered
since I will be visiting in the summer months, what is a nice destination to go for a beach weekend from Buenos aires? somewhere reachable by bus/ train ..
I just HAVE TO TAN and drink from the argentine Sun!! (and also make use of the new bikinis!! hah)

punte del este
but so expensive that I never went there

The nearest marine (sea) beach is San Clemente del Tuyu, located about 250 Km from. It is an small town with a nice Sea World aquarium and a nice spa with termal waters. The drawback is that is a place for family vacation, no fun at night. I have an aptmt there at 50 yards from the sand.
I would recommend instead Pinamar, a posher place with a great nightlife. All beaches in the Atlantic coastline can be reached by bus, (forget trains, they are for the birds, literally).
PS: I would like to see a picture of your bikini (with you inside, of course)

mar del plata... is crowded in the summer but can be fun..... we have some really nice beer bars down here now.... maybe we can have a group beer chat??

Reactions: van
The nearest marine (sea) beach is San Clemente del Tuyu, located about 250 Km from. It is an small town with a nice Sea World aquarium and a nice spa with termal waters. The drawback is that is a place for family vacation, no fun at night. I have an aptmt there at 50 yards from the sand.
I would recommend instead Pinamar, a posher place with a great nightlife. All beaches in the Atlantic coastline can be reached by bus, (forget trains, they are for the birds, literally).
PS: I would like to see a picture of your bikini (with you inside, of course)

I haven't ridden it for awhile but the Marplatense train, to Mar del Plata on Fridays and back on Sundays, was good. It runs non stop and has a dining car, not snack bar -- not sure of current conditions though.

north of punta del este jose ignacio is nice and then is it punta diablo north of that one? they are both very nice too. Anywhere on that coast beats what you will find in Argentina in my opinion from the beach itself and atmosphere too. Punta del este will have designer stores too which can be hard to find in ba. It is basically like the hamptons

Well the thing is that I don't have a visa for Uruguay so ill like stay inside Argentina :(

Ceviche-san, when our love motel biz thrives I promise you I'll take you go punta del este as a treat.

I don't understand how Mar del Plata is the closest beach when if you are going to stay in Argentina the much better beaches are Pinamar and Carilo. They are nice little towns worth a visit for a weekend maybe, instead of just a city by the beach they are towns constructed amongst forest and dunes.

HOWEVER

Going to beach in Argentina if you have any option of going to Brazil is ridiculous. My MIL has a place on the coast and we never really go, the water is freezing, I think it's colder than swimming in Maine! If we want a beach holiday and we have money we go anywhere but the Argentine coast. The argentine coast is expensive as well, more and more Argies are going to Brazil because the rentals there are cheaper.

But yes, if you want to be able to get on a bus and go for a weekend, go to Carilo, Pinamar, or Villa Gesell. Don't go as far as Mar del Plata, it's not worth it. If you have the money instead of a bus from Retiro which is pretty awful (though if you've ever travelled by bus in the Middle East it won't really surprise you, though the environment itself at the bus station is pretty horrible, Retiro is kind of like the central bus terminal in Istanbul) -- take a combi -- a 6-12 passenger van that will pick you up at your doorstep and drop you off at your hotel on the other end -- the smaller the combi the better as it will mean less travel time since they will have less stops on either end. You can see prices here: http://www.lomasexpr...mos-a-la-costa/

Back